What's new

Bound UK version is awesome!!! (1 Viewer)

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
I received this DVD this week from www.blackstar.co.uk. It is released by FOX/Pathé and sports a terrific 16x9 transfer which smokes the R1 release. It also is DD 5.1.
I have compared the R1 against the R2 on my 7.5 foot screen and I no longer own the R1, I sold it the day after the comparison. The transfer of the R2 is absolutely stunning.
The UK release also has the commentary track and the trailer which the R1 had so there was no reason to it.

Chad B.

Second Unit
I'm not saying I doubt you, it's just that both BlackStar and BensonsWorld don't specify that it's 16X9 enhanced. If it really is, I will definitely upgrade as well. I just emailed both stores asking them to verify that issue. Is the commentary faulty with a brief dropout like the R1 or is it all there?
------------------
?

Chad B.

Second Unit
BlackStar has emailed me back to say they are not sure, while BensonsWorld gave me a definite "no".
frown.gif

------------------
?

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
Believe me. It's anamorphic all the way. I watched the whole movie yesterday and it is a great transfer.
Can you name a specific chapter where I should check for the dropout on the commentary?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks