What's new

Bought Video Snappy at garage sale, any tips for use. (2 Viewers)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I just bought a Video Snappy (Video Capture Device) at a garage sale and would like some tips for use.

I paid $1.00 and I got the Video Snappy and the CD-ROM discs. No instruction manual. Version 2.0

I installed it and the program and have been playing with it for a day now.

Some questions.

1. Did I get a good deal? How much did this version sell for originally?

2. What are the best settings for picture quality from such the following sources.

2A: VHS Tape
2B: Broadcast TV
2C: LaserDisc/ DVD

3. And what settings for saving pictures should I use, and should I compress the picture, and if so what setting - None - Low, Medium or High?

4. Any other tips that you have?

Thanks for any tips you provide.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I used to love Snappy. I was taking screen caps of all sorts of stuff back in 96(?) with it. I believe they ran for ~$130-$150 new.

$1 is a good deal, but I don't know how useful it is now. But back in the day it was a fun little gadget.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I always wanted to print out pics from home movies. I used to use a video printer, the cartridges cost around $50 and got 50 small prints.

And with he video printer you couldn't adjust the picture quality at all, but with the computer I can. I also print out larger prints than what the video printer offered. And now it is very hard to find video cartridges for the video printer.

So I am quite happy with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks