Bought the Mits 65869...ok?/not ok?/advice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Brashear, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Kevin Brashear

Mar 25, 2002
    Just a note to say I've purchased a Mits WS65869 and would like some advice.
    If anyone has commentary or suggestions, positive or negatative, please add a note. If someone has one and loves it, would like to hear. If you can provide any input of things that will help (or hurt) that would be great to know too! Just to get the TV looking the best it can.
    So far the TV looks fine, but will be getting my AVIA disk this week. All the HT stuff will be moved to the basement when it's done, but now it's in my living room and I'm about 12 feet from the TV. I love it. Can't wait to get the basement finished (into a "properly" constructed room) and get the party started. You guys were absolutely right about not being able to buy a big screen "too" big. I even thought about the 73" Mits...but finances prohibited...[​IMG]
    As always, thanks a bunch for your expertise and opinions in a very complex and sometimes confusing hobby. You guys have made all my home theater purchases and upgrades a lot easier with your comments. I appreciate it...
    BTW, my best friend purchasing a 58" Pioneer Elite big screen had nothing to do with selling my 50" Tosh HDTV and buying the 65" Mits HDTV.... [​IMG]
    Kevin in Cincy
  2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Jul 6, 1999

Oh Kev, it's so BIG!! And with proper calibration it should serve you well. I really like the on-screen "icons" that make using the menu intuitive. And the fact that it separates into 2 pieces will make it easier to move down into your future dedicated HT room in the basement.

The line doubler in the Mits doesn't compare to the Elite's which is important when watching regular NTSC broadcasts. They say that the new Mits have better stretch modes than the older ones, but again, the Elite's are number 1 in that respect.

Bigger isn't always better!! You got a nice TV, but it's not a Pioneer Elite. As you know, my system will be completely Pioneer Elite with the addition of a DV-47Ai DVD player, which of course is only the best.

Hands down, the Elite's are the best RPTV's on the market!! Read the reviews, the experts agree. But as I've said before, The Mits would have been my second choice...enjoy!!