What's new

Bought some Totems, now need Receiver (1 Viewer)

strud

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hi

I bought a Totem Acoustics 5.1 dreamcatcher stereo set. Im really excited as they blew me away at the store. I can not wait to here them in my house and a smaller room.

Now I need a receiver. I have heard good things about the onkyo 605; however, totem recommends naim or arcam.

I need something that:
sounds great
supports 1080p video (HDMI?)
Is as cheap as it can be (would like to be under $1000usd but can push it a little if the quality jumps up)
Isnt impossible to set up

Any recomendations?

Thankyou

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The main speakers are all 4-ohm, which is a pretty tough load for a receiver. Better stick with Totem's recommendations, or plan on using outboad amps if you go with a different brand.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

strud

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Thankyou for the responce!

I have been doing a ton of reading. Seems that arcam, naim, nad, all have products that will run amazingly with my speakers. However most of them are seperates and cost in the thousands.

Is there anything anyone recomends sub $1500 that will perform well at 4ohm music and still do a great job in a 5.1 ht set up?

Thankyou

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

The ARCAM AVR-280 in Canada runs around $1600 tax in (cheaper in the US), the NAD T-765 or T-775 runs around $1400 tax in and I'd also recommend looking at the Cambridge Audio Azur 640R which will be in the $1500 tax in range.

JB

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I would second the entry level Arcam, as well as the Cambridge Audio 640R.

Nice set of speakers, BTW (Totems are on my short list for my next system).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks