What's new

Bought myself a GameCube tonight! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Finally, I landed a job and tonight did some shopping including splurging on a GCN. Even better BestBuy has a $30 discount on a system purchase (additional controller, memory card and two games => $30 off). So I got the indigo system with Rogue Leader and THPS3. I played them a bit tonight (as did my roommate) -- fun times ahead :D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Good to hear Dave!! No doubt we'll be able to jabber on about Mario soon:emoji_thumbsup:.
From one friend to another...go now and buy Super Monkey Ball. Watch the hours and your free time go away...:D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm looking forward to Mario! And also 1080: White Storm!
I played SMB a bit over Xmas (my brother-in-law got a GCN); though I enjoy puzzle games and really liked the mini-games, the main game of SMB didn't really grab me. But at $30 (and for monkey boxing) I may get it anyway.
For now, Star Wars goodness will keep me occupied for a while :D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Dave,
My Fiancee and I play Super Monkey Ball -a lot-. And we rarely play the main game. Lots of Monkey Target.

We also played the heck out of Smash Brothers, but have slowed down now that we've unlocked all of the characters (there are still a few more levels to unlock, but no big hurry).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm holding off on the wavebirds for now, My living room is so small that cords aren't a big deal, and my roommate likes the rumble feature for Rogue Leader.
I've been so busy and tired the past week I've not had time to properly enjoy playing the new games. I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend and having some fun :)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I really like the Wavebird controller a lot. I can't stand the cords especially short cords...

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
Super Monkey Ball is fantastic, but aren't we a mere three weeks from Super Monkey Ball 2? It appears to have triple the mini games (more Monkey Target!!!!) and an expanded single player mode.

jeremy

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am going to get my son :D a gamecube this christmas. I would like to know what great fighting games there are for the system. Is Soul Calibur 2 existing for the GC?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Soul Calibur 2 will be released for the GC, Neil, but it's not available yet.

In fact, it's coming for all three platforms (though again, it's not available for any of them yet).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

Though I am not a fan of the game many GC owners love Super Smash Bros. Melee. I bought a copy of the game for a young relative of mine a while ago and he adores it. Could be what you are looking for.

You can also look out for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. The game is looking better and better each preview and may actually turn out to be a decent fighting game. Just a suggestion...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I used to play Soul Calibur 1 on the Dreamcast and I absolutely loved it so I am assuming SC2 on a better concole should really kich some ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks