Bought a Toshiba 50H81today .........

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffDemum, Aug 15, 2001.

1. JeffDemum

JeffDemum Stunt Coordinator

I finally went and got me a Toshiba 50H81 widescreen HDTV today and damn i'm excited , it will be delivered Sunday .
    I have a question regarding the TV . I now have regular cable would be of any advantage at all to upgrade to digital cable ? From my understanding i think that you can only get a true digital signal is through satelite ....am i correct . I'm new to the HDTV world i havne't been doing as much research as i should have been on the digital signal sapect of it . I was mainly focused on what TV to get that was a tough enough decision . I'm going to pick up a Sony progressive scan DVD player that sells for $329 next week . I would like to get a differnt one but after the TV the funds are running kind of low , as im sure you could imagine . But any help is appreciated thanks .
    [Edited last by JeffDemum on August 16, 2001 at 12:42 AM]

2. Jonathan Tuck

I have the tosh 40" and was offered digital cable when they came to set up my cable internet service. Having looked at all the prices I've found that sticking with Dish is actually cheaper for the number of channels I get. You have to really read thru the cable info to realize that the 'standard' cable package is analog and that when you order 'digital' cable its only for the movie channels and others you have to pay extra for. With Dish every channel I get is transmitted digitally - and thats over 100! I have cable for my locals which I can't get on Dish. Plus, with Dish many of the movie channels are now Dolby Digital which may not be the same with cable (I'm not sure on this).
    ------------------

3. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

Thats funny I have AT&T digital cable and I get plenty of digital channels that are not pay per play movie channels. I get sports channels and the whole set of encore movie channels in my package.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor