What's new

Bought a Pioneer LaserDisc player. (1 Viewer)

safesinger

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sal
I bought a industrial Pioneer CLD-V2400 Laser Disc Player.

WhiIe I realize it's not the best but got it for $20 and always wanted a Laser Disc Player back in the day but due to how young I was and the price for the technology I could not afford it.

So now that I have a few extra $$ and can get one decided to do so:)

Is there any LD's that I should get or keep an eye out for my starting collection?

I enjoy all types of movies so really would like to get some collector LD's if possible.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Criterion LDs are always good choices.

The big deluxe box sets, such as the ones from Disney, are some of my favorite LDs from a collecting standpoint. Normally I do not care that much about packaging, but the big box sets are impressive.

Good luck, and welcome to the world of laser disc.

- Walter.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations!  I have three LD players in my house right now.  If you are a music fan, look for music programs on LaserDisc.  There are many which have never been released on DVD or Bluray which are outstanding, and the sound is usually very good.

safesinger

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sal
Yeah the LaserDisc player is cool I ordered quite a few movies through Ebay & Amazon but they all shipped via media mail.

So the player got here in a zippy 2-3 days and still not 1 movie has come yet.lol

Finally decided to hit Goodwill for giggles and sure enough they had 1 LD movie Terminator 2:Judgement Day and was in excellent shape the case and discs.

I am quite happy the quality is very very acceptable it's really ashame that the VCR won over this great format.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I find all kinds of LDs at the Half Price Books (a used-bookstore chain) stores around here. Mostly Hollywood movies, but sometimes weird education programmes, & all kinds of things. What I'm always looking for, though, is Japanese animation. That's what I like, & a lot of it came out on LD (although more in Japan than the US, so most discs have no English language).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks