What's new

Bought a DLS today (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Based on all that I have read in this forum I took the plunge and purchased a DLS 10 sub. It won't be shipping until the end of January and I can hardly wait. I have a question about how to set this up though. My receiver has crossover points of 100, 150 and 200. Where should I set this value and where should the DLS crossover be set to? My mains are Klipsch KG2s set to small.

I apologize if this has been covered before in previous threads but I haven't found it by doing a search.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
That is what I would do. >>Jason recommends.
_________________>>
Be sure to let us know what you think of the little mighty?:emoji_thumbsup:

MattMB

Agent
I ordered one for my dad on Monday 1/6/03 and PE said that it wouldn't ship for two weeks. He recieved it on Friday 1/10/03 in the afternoon. Granted, we are only a few hundred miles away from PE HQ in Ohio, but I was shocked that it came in so quickly.

He is tickled with this sub as an addition to his Bose setup. It helps round out the sound very nice.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I just talked to PE and they told me that they are expecting to restock on the 20th, 10 days sooner than I expected.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Well, of COURSE a Bose owner would be just tickled to discover that extra bottom end below 50Hz that he/she was missing all that time before

but sooner or later he/she is going to start wondering why they spent $3000 on a Bose system that didn't give them as much and as clean bass as a $100 powered subwoofer from what to most people would be considered a no-name brand.

("DLS? Never heard of it. No matter how good it is, it can't beat my $3000 name-brand BOSE setup! No way in heck!")

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
("DLS? Never heard of it. No matter how good it is, it can't beat my $3000 name-brand BOSE setup! No way in heck!")
Actually, I was behind a guy in Best Buy the other day who was purchasing a pair of $149 Bose Tri-Port headphones. I kind of chuckled to myself and headed home to put on my $69 Grado SR-60s. ;)

MattMB

Agent
Well, of COURSE a Bose owner would be just tickled to discover that extra bottom end below 50Hz that he/she was missing all that time before

but sooner or later he/she is going to start wondering why they spent $3000 on a Bose system that didn't give them as much and as clean bass as a $100 powered subwoofer from what to most people would be considered a no-name brand.

I hesitated to post to this thread because of the very reason that someone would have to sound off on the fact that he has Bose surround. Blah Blah Blah so he's dumb for buying it, whatever. He bought a set of speakers that he enjoys the sound from, allowed him to have 5 speaker surround and got him very interested in home theater. He's now thinking about front projection like my InFocus X1. If his Bose speakers got him started down that path, then isn't that a GOOD thing? And he just bought the speaker package and drives it with components, so it wasn't near $3000, more like $1000 impulse buy.

I was just putting the information out there that he is very pleased with the sub in question and received it in short order, even though PE said they were back ordered. I would have edited the "B" word out, but I'd rather be honest.

For what it's worth, I use JBL, DIY Vifa two ways, and a DIY sub. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Bert D

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered one of these for the spare room system. $132 w/ shiping costs, back ordered but I am in no hurry. All based on the reviews/raves from all of you !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks