Bought a DLS today

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Williams, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

Based on all that I have read in this forum I took the plunge and purchased a DLS 10 sub. It won't be shipping until the end of January and I can hardly wait. I have a question about how to set this up though. My receiver has crossover points of 100, 150 and 200. Where should I set this value and where should the DLS crossover be set to? My mains are Klipsch KG2s set to small.

I apologize if this has been covered before in previous threads but I haven't found it by doing a search.

2. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

umm...you should probably set the receivers crossover to 100hz and the DLS's to max...

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

That is what I would do. >>Jason recommends.
    _________________>>
    Be sure to let us know what you think of the little mighty?[​IMG]

4. MattMB

MattMB Agent

I ordered one for my dad on Monday 1/6/03 and PE said that it wouldn't ship for two weeks. He recieved it on Friday 1/10/03 in the afternoon. Granted, we are only a few hundred miles away from PE HQ in Ohio, but I was shocked that it came in so quickly.

He is tickled with this sub as an addition to his Bose setup. It helps round out the sound very nice.

5. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I just talked to PE and they told me that they are expecting to restock on the 20th, 10 days sooner than I expected.

6. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

Well, of COURSE a Bose owner would be just tickled to discover that extra bottom end below 50Hz that he/she was missing all that time before

but sooner or later he/she is going to start wondering why they spent $3000 on a Bose system that didn't give them as much and as clean bass as a $100 powered subwoofer from what to most people would be considered a no-name brand.

("DLS? Never heard of it. No matter how good it is, it can't beat my $3000 name-brand BOSE setup! No way in heck!")

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

8. MattMB

MattMB Agent

9. Bert D

Bert D Stunt Coordinator

Just ordered one of these for the spare room system. $132 w/ shiping costs, back ordered but I am in no hurry. All based on the reviews/raves from all of you !