What's new

Both players (HD-A1 and BD-P1000) die at the same time (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A couple of nights ago I watched a movie on the Sammy, tonight I go to watch one and the player is flashing between the movie and a green screen. I reinstalled the the firmware update (1.2) and nothings changed.

So, I shut it down and fired up my HD-A1. It loads, starts the movie and says "HDMI ERROR 1" and stops the movie.

Now I'm thinking it's my Monoprice HDMI switcher or the 25' HDMI cable. I disconnect everything and wire up each player to the PJ separately with a 3' cable, same problems with both.

I'm at a loss, both players dying at the same time. Not sure what to do at this point. They are both under warranty but I just cannot believe both players would die at the same time.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
HDMI error 1 is a common one when there is a handsake issue between the player and the TV. I went thru all this myself, and suggest the following, which you may or may not have already done. (It does sound like the switcher is the issue though, as if it was the players, it is unlikely to show the HDMI error 1)

1. Making sure your HD player is turned off, and all other HD sources connected to the swticher are also turned off - turn your TV to the input you will have it on when the HD player is showing playing a movie, then turn it off
2. turn your switcher to the proper input as well for the applicable player then turn it off.
3. turn the tv on
4. turn the switcher on.
5. turn the HD player on (assuming the HD disk is already loaded).

This should do the trick. If not, just power down and reboot the player and leave the rest alone. One or two times of this should be enough, however, if it absolutely wont help, I suggest it is the switcher. In my own experience, these steps followed in exactly that order, and only that order resolved exactly the same issue with my setup.

Hope this helps.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks Peter.

Well, everything seems to be ok. I ran both players for 5 minutes each with a direct HDMI connection to the PJ without any problems. I'm wag'ing here that leaving everything unplugged for an extended length of time allowed the players to reset. I bet the power outtage had something to do with the players problems.

The bummer, I damaged one of my 3' Bluejeanscables in the process of moving everything around last night so at this point I am unable to test the switcher again. I ordered a new cable this morning. Those guys are really good about shipping fast so by weeks end I should have the replacement cable to test the switcher with.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Must have been the power loss that tweaked the players.

My neighbors and I just watched "Swordfish" (HD-DVD) via the HDMI switcher without any problems. Just leaving the players unplugged for and extended period solved the problem.

...and my new HDMI cable from Bluejeans to replace the one I damaged shipped today, should be here just in time to wire up my Sammy for "300".

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The fact that both players seemingly died simultaneously pointed you to the proper solution. That would not have been possible with a combi-player - but then the switcher wouldn't have been there either, I suppose. :)

(Personally, I'm stil in favour of a combi-player and I wait to see what the specs are going to be.)

Glad your setup works again, Ron! :emoji_thumbsup:

Cees

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks Cees, I am also looking forward to a combo-player. I was planning to upgrade my Sammy mid-next year but now I won't, I'll just upgrade to a combo-player if the specs are decent enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks