Bosworth's Stone Cold discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Greg_S_H, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    What a terrible action hero Bosworth is! Let's see:

The girl dies, the Guardsmen die, the Whip is cracked, the entire state Supreme Court dies, and then--to add insult to injury--Bos doesn't even finish off Chains! It's up to the lackey!

Still, cool movie! Why isn't it out on DVD?

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

A couple of good action set pieces (the motorcycle into the helicopter was inspired), I like Henriksen in just about anything so it was fun watching him overplay the villain, and it was actually kind of cool to see the bad guys get so much accomplished. I mean, as you mentioned, when was the last time you got to see the bad guy sort of win in terms of accomplishing his goals? He breaks his friend out (briefly), kills the court, manages a standoff with the National Guard, and kills the girl.

Bosworth is physically okay for the part, and not any worse that Dolph Lundgren would have been, but the one liners are roundly terrible, the story is pretty silly and overly complicated at times, and the movie came out at a time when action movies had a bit more brutal violence quotient that sometimes makes them hard to enjoy. I like violence, mind you, but chopping off the bikers fingers and giving a smoldering corpse a cigar before lighting him on fire is closer to Bad Boys 2 than my personal ideal of Die Hard. Another 48 Hrs falls into this realm for me too.

3. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Yea, Bosworth sucked as a actor. Zombie like. May have been that way from all the steroids he took during his Oklahoma Sooner days lol

But Stone Cold is a pretty fun movie. Henriksen was great.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Aw, come on guys, how can you call a film just ok when it gave us such an immortal line as...

"You've got to eat your grub if you want to be a stud."

[​IMG]

Maybe someone can answer this question here, but is this film based off the true case depicted in another film called Beyond the Law? It's got Charlie Sheen in it (good film btw) and is remarkably similar to Stone Cold with just a couple of small changes.

5. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

I have no idea, but Beyond seemed a ripoff and not near as good.

6. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

THONG ALERT! [​IMG]