Bostons questions

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ken[N], Mar 13, 2005.

1. Ken[N]

Ken[N] Auditioning

Ok, Here is my setup so far:

Pioneer 1014 receiver
    VR1

My questions are:
    Will the Boston Acoustics Bravo Center 2-Way Center-Channel Speaker be okay for the center? Or maybe the Bravo II's? I know the VRC Center is the match for the VR1's. But I am not too crazy about spending 400 on just the center.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the Micro 110x online or in California. I tried to google and look at the Boston Acoustics site of online dealers, but no luck. Should I go with another company for the rears? Any recommendations?

This system will be used 95% for movies.

Thanks in advanced,

Ken

2. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    The Bravo centre will match your VR1s, though it won't have as full a sound as the VRC (which I own--great centre channel, =to the VR-MC in performance for 200$ less, IMO and in that of others--so more $$ is not always better). The Bravos have the same tweeter design as the VRs and VR-Ms (the VRs are a bit more sensitive, but otherwise sonically the same tweeter). You should be able to find Bostons at a store in California.

Online Bravo centre speaker

These appear to be the previous Bravos, which would still be an acoustic match for your system and they are discounted as the new Bravo IIs are out. While the Micros would be quite good as rears, these would be even better.

Boston Bravo rears online

Hope this helps.

3. Robert Cobb

Robert Cobb Agent

Have you considered shopping for an older VR920 or VR12? Those are the Boston centers worth owning IMO.

EDIT: I have Bravos as surrounds in the main room and as mains in a second room. They are fine speakers, but I don't think they are up to the dispersion, clarity, and range tasks needed by a good center.