What's new

Boston Public premiere (1 Viewer)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Surprised not to see a thread about this one yet...wow. I've always thought that BP was basically a bet that Kelley had with somebody about how he could screw everybody over worse than the previous week, and he's set a new high for himself.

Good plot lines, some realistic conflicts between, say, Danny and....the slightly-off black teacher...can't remember her name off hand. Kind of see all of Senate's things happening, though. Not ot mention that he needs a hair cut.

Interesting to see a New Kid on the block (pun intended) and very interesting to see that they're trying to pretend that Lauren never existed, apparently.

All in all, shaping up to be a good season, I think.

Jack_F

Stunt Coordinator
I'd just like to say that Jessalyn Gilsig's character was far superior to Jeri Ryan's.

On top of that, she is better looking as well.

Season 2 was such a drop off from season 1 and I don't think season 3 will do much better.

Too bad, it had such a great debut season.

-Jack

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Harper did mention to the student aide that Louisa had left or something to that effect but nothing was mentioned at all about Lauren. I guess they're just going to pretend the thing with her and Guber at the end of last season never happened.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've been called worse. :D
Senate really does need a haircut.
The 2 new young punk teachers didn't quite leave much of an impression on me. It just looks like students teaching students.
I can't see Ronni sticking with Senate.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I heard the same thing, I just hope they don't bring down Harry too much. I'd hate to see a great character like his go off on a low note.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Me and my wife get a good laugh seeing the commerical for it, is the whole show that funny?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Sad they didn't even try to explain what happened to the characters that left.
I remember saying pretty much the same thing at this time last year about "Ally McBeal."

Darn it, I still like the show. I have to admit that there's some intangible aspect with this show that keeps me intrigued whereas another show pulling the "father pimps his daughter" plot would have really irritated me. Call me a complete sucker, but I didn't predict that turn.

Don Black

Screenwriter
After finally watching it, I'm seriously considering deleting the show from my PVR. It was just awful. A terrible fall from Season 1. Ugh.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They could have devoted a couple of lines like:

"Lauren's studying history abroad in a graduate level program." and "Louisa's gone back to college to finish up her degree."

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>I'd just like to say that Jessalyn Gilsig's character was far superior to Jeri Ryan's.
>
Agreed. She was also alot more natural looking as well, wich is always a plus :). No offense to Jeri Ryan, since from what I've heard she's a very nice lady, but there's probably only two things that keep her on that show. Her Star Trek following, and her looks.
I can't help but wonder if there was some friction between her and 'Lauren' on the set, and that's why she left....
That being said, though, what's she doing with a Guber like senate? That guy looked like he was ready to explode before the stabbing...most definetly after it ;).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the main problem is too many characters. Sadly, it makes sense that there be this many, since it takes place in a school.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Nah... Shows like The West Wing prove that strong writing can make large casts work even better than smaller ones. And honestly Boston Public's original staff was great... But it's really gone downhill from Season 1. Season 2 was okay and I liked the Danny character and Jerry somewhat. But these new characters seem like stretches...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You have to wonder if there was some friction between Jessalyn Gilsig and David Kelley as well, since she seemed to go from featured player to second banana in the space of a single season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks