Boston Public 4/22/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Apr 23, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I just got around to watching this episode, and thought it was great. But I was a little confused by the ending. Was he crying out of joy, or crying by the fact that he not only has one son, but a whole extended familly?

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I think it was both. He had resigned himself to being alone, but now he is presented with a whole family. However, I doubt he's going to get over his "sin" anytime soon.

I gotta say, this show gets more and more absurd as time goes on. I think after this season, I'm going to stop watching.

However, next week's episode looks like it could be interesting. It seems like it will be an ensemble play-like thing.

3. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

The big question after this latest episode is: Will Harry Senate "do" Dana?

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I want them to either do more things with the students (like they did with the ADD kid, Dana Pool, the newspaper chick) or do more things with teacher to teacher stuff (like the next episode looks to be). I would rather see the things that go on in schools that nobody sees than the things that are always on the news.

5. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

I think Harvey was crying because the family he turned out to have was black. He was torn between prejudice and happiness.

6. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

I think he was crying because the small children unconditionally accepted him.

7. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

This was the best episode of BP in a few months. The hook lady seems to have finally exited the show, and its much better for it. The irony of Harvey having a black son was nicely handled, even though the characters reactions may have seemed a bit cynical. Producer David E. Kelly always has twists to add his dramas, which is what makes them so entertaining and controversial. I certainly hope the remaining episodes of this season are as strong.

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think the episode overall was OK, but the ending was good, regardless of the cheesiness.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Lipshultz's breakdown at the was tear-inducing (very good performance). The look on the grandson's face was priceless. What was amazing was how many lives Lipshultz touched by having that one night stand. None of that family would have been there if he didn't get jungle fever before shipping out to WWII.

It's amazing how much older Dana looked after just one year of college. She's totally got a thing for Senate, and Senate isn't telling her to stay away.

The tutoring for test tips was "blah". Whatever.

Next week looks to be the dinner party from hell.

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

11. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Stunt Coordinator

I do not think the hook lady is gone for good yet...