What's new

Boston people, I need some directions (1 Viewer)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
My wife needs to get from the airport to Marlborough. She must go up peridically as the company she works for is based there and has been there a few times in a cab but will be renting a car as she will be there for a few days. A couple of months ago she also rented a car and got lost because of the new tunnel being open. We checked and evidently all the internet mapping sites still have the old directions. Anyone able to help us out?

TIA

She is renting a car at National and I guess as long as she can get to I-90, she will be good to go.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Easy... sort of. I don't know where the car rental sites let you out at Logan, but I would suggest that she actually head back toward the terminals and make a lap of the airport. That way, she can be sure to catch the exit for the Ted Williams Tunnel. The "Ted" now feeds directly into I90, so all she has to do is go straight through. Tell her not to exit at the Waterfront/South Boston, nor take any of the exits for I93, just stay to the left and follow the I90/Mass Turnpike signs.

The key is making sure she gets to the Ted Williams Tunnel and not the Sumner Tunnel, which leads to downtown and I93 north. The Ted exits the airport sooner than the Sumner, which is why I suggest that she actually head back towards the airport first, that way she won't miss it.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Cant get there from here.

I just couldn't resist.

But you want to get to the TED( which connects to the PIKE) it is alot easier than ever with a majority of the road work done. Make sure to have plenty of change for the Tolls. I thinks its exit 12 0r 13 off the "PIKE"

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Thanks, she called me this morning and she was able to find it no problem. Since I gave her your advice Dan, she looked a little closer, plus the last time it was dark. Turns out the toll entrance is practically right across from the rental car exit, but the sign is not visible if you look in that direction, it is to the side with an arrow but she did not have to go around at all.

Certainly was much easier than the 12 steps it used to take to get to I-90.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I was kinda disappointed when they opened the Teddy to the general public. Living in South Boston, I was one of the few who was able to use the Ted any time while it was closed to the general public - I was able to get to Logan in 5 to 10 mins.

The tunnel traffic really isn't that bad... it's the South Boston waterfront area which is horrible for traffic now.

In any event, glad she found it - but tell her that it will probably be different tomorrow - seriously, it seems that there is a new route to take every day :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
No kidding... One time when I was catching a ride to Maine with a friend, we were halfway to Providence before realizing we'd made a wrong turn. He swore up and down that the road went north the week before.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Lee, glad to hear she made it through OK. :emoji_thumbsup:

Logan has been the traffic equivalent of the of the movie "Cube" for the past several years. I've been there twice in one week and gone through completely different traffic patterns. Top it off, the cabs are obscenely expensive (not to mention disgusting), the mass transit is a pain to get to, short-term parking is about $8 for the first hour (it used to be free!) and the cops damn near make you keep the car rolling as you are picking someone up or dropping off. At least the traffic patterns seem to be more permanent now.

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Compared to what it used to be, going to and from Logan is a dream now. Avoiding the sumner/calahan tunnels, the tolls to get back into the tunnel, merging back onto 93 to get down to the pike...

I'll go in and out of Logan any time of day over what I used to have to do.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I live only about 2 miles from Logan, and a cab ride to Logan costs $20.

I can't believe the taxis charge an extra $6 when using the Ted Williams tunnel when it only costs them $4.50... crooks, I tell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks