What's new

Boston Legal season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The wackiest law firm in Bean Town is back for another season. Michael J. Fox's character gets into trouble for trying to buy a lung, and Jerry "Hands" Espenson is in trouble for riding with a not-so-live doll in the HOV lanes.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Wow! No one has responded to this yet. I thought it was a teriffic episode, very funny and outrageous as always. Not crazy about Shatner's toupee though. For the first time since Star Trek: The Motion Picture, it just looks like a rug. His shorter toupee from the first season looked much more natural.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
How long before we start seeing inflatable Candice Bergen dolls appearing on Ebay? :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's good to have this show back for the zany it brings week-in, week-out. The Schmidt-SchmidtHol staredown was a classic scene.

The ending coda was a little sad, perhaps opening the door for both to explore true intimacy with other ladies this season.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> How long before we start seeing inflatable Candice Bergen dolls appearing on Ebay?

Geez, be patient. I type slowly!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I missed it, too. I was hoping to catch a stream at ABC.com but it appears they are not streaming BL this season. Drat! :angry:

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I always love the final scenes from Boston Legal. They say soooo much in those scenes that they don't actually say. It was clear both men were lying, and yet they never had to say it. Those final scenes each week are my favorite moments from BL.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

I thought something looked...off..about his hair! Also, it looks like Spader has put on some weight.

Enough about everyone's looks, though. I thought the episode was a bit uneven, with the highlights being (as usual) Alan in the courtroom, and the end scene with Denny and Alan. Shirley staring down her "counterpart" was classic, as well.

We get another "Breaking the 4th Wall" when Alan comments on feeling like a recurring character in a TV series, and Denny utters another one in next week's preview. I love that. :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
This is probably my favorite show right now. My wife and I were rolling with laughter during the episode.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Any thoughts on the new characters introduced last night? I disliked the new girl at first, but she eventually turned "fun". :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
At first I also didn't like them. But, once Coho started going..I liked him. Reminded me of how Alan used to be before becoming all mopey. Also, enjoyed Denny's little people rant at the end.

-Just wondering. I know its shallow. But, that is some kind of scar on the face of the new girl.

-Also, waiting for the comments for those here who hate when they break that 4th wall. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How can y'all not know who Constance Zimmer is? She's a spitfire, and will easily hold her own against anyone in the firm. Craig Bierko is a bit of a jackass, but can bring the witty reparte, so he gets a pass so far. So far, liked the setup so far for the cases in the short run.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

Not to mention Denny welcoming the new people to "Boston Legal." He was welcoming to the show. The law firm is Crane, Poole and Schmidt, not Boston Legal. That entire opening was great. Is it just me, or did this episode seem a lot more like a season premiere? If fact, this episode and next week's episode would have been a great two-hour premiere. I wonder why they aired that other episode first. I, also, really disliked the new girl at first, but Coho is great. It took me a minute to realize he's the guy from Scary Movie 4. This should be a great season.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

I like the times they've broken the 4th wall, but they need to keep it in check and not do it every week. Every now and then is fun, but it they overdo it, it will just become a cheesy gimmick.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I actully thought they were just doing in it occasionally. I thought it was a great way to introduce the new characters. Admit it, a lot of you were wondering why they hadn't been introduced in the first episode, weren't you?

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

Oh, I loved it, and it made perfect sense. But they've had three 4th wall breaks in two episodes. I just don't want it to get overdone to where we're saying "Oh not this tired gimmick again."

Use sparingly for best effect. :)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
They've actually had four 4th wall breaks in two weeks.

Alan Shore feeling like a character on a TV show.
Denny Crane mentioning if there were new people they would have been in the series premiere.
Denny Crane welcoming the new people to "Boston Legal."
Denny Crane saying "Cue the music" just before the opening theme.

And don't forget the first season when Odo (sorry, he'll always be Odo to me), asked Alan Shore in the board meeting if there was some place he'd rather be, and Alan said, "Yes, I'd rather be on cable. That's were all the best work is being done."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks