What's new

Boston Acoustics (1 Viewer)

Garrett V

Agent
Anyone have any experience with the Boston Acoustics line? I was looking at the VR series. Doesnt seem to be much chatter about this company.

I also like the Paradigms and Def Techs.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Garrett,

The BAs don't generate a lot of discussion, but they do have their fans (including me). Here is a recent thread where a number of Boston fans came out of the woodwork.

-Robb

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
LOL, yeah I remember that thread.....that was a proud week for us Boston owners!!
Garrett, I have Boston VR3's. They are a wonderful sounding speaker. Very very clean highs with a nice smooth mid range and nice tight bass. I would not hesitate to recommend Boston to anyone. I heard many Paradigm speakers and they are excellent as well. I preferred the Boston sound though. Do yourself a service and go listen to the Bostons. You may get hooked like the few of us around here :). I will also say that the customer service for Boston is INCREDIBLE!! I am talking almost SVS good....and that is saying something for a large company. Whenever I have a question the Tech support ALWAYS gets in touch with me inside of an hour via E-mail with very detailed and caring responces. If you have anymore questions let us know.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
I owned two pairs of Boston speakers when I first got the HT bug. A pair of T-830's and a pair of T-930's, as well as a Boston center. I was never unhappy with any of them, but I upgraded to Def Tech 2002's and there is no comparison in my book.I've never understood the cool response to the Def Tech's on this forum but I enjoy the bipolar sound.I don't think You would be unhappy with either. I have heard many of the Paradigm's and never loved them.

SeannO

Auditioning
I have a VR 5.0 system, VR-M50 (mains), VR-MC (center), and VR-MX (surrounds). I am planning on getting the VR-M/EX for the rear center next. I love the VR line. I bought the M50s first and auditioned speakers from many manufacturers during that time. I also auditioned centers and surrounds since I wanted a matching set. To my ear, nothing sounded as good as the Boston VR line. I would not hesitate to buy another set if I had to start over. By the way, the Cherry finish is big in the WAF department.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I have a pair of older Boston VR-950's. I love them also. Best sounding speaker I have ever heard for $700 a pair... nevermind what I got them for discontinued... $160 pair. :D :emoji_thumbsup: But they are very very natural sounding. Clean crisp highs with wonderful midrange. The bass can be a little muddy... but thats what my SVS will be for when I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks