Boston Acoustics

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Garrett V, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Garrett V

Garrett V Agent

Anyone have any experience with the Boston Acoustics line? I was looking at the VR series. Doesnt seem to be much chatter about this company.

I also like the Paradigms and Def Techs.

2. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

Garrett,

The BAs don't generate a lot of discussion, but they do have their fans (including me). Here is a recent thread where a number of Boston fans came out of the woodwork.

-Robb

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

LOL, yeah I remember that thread.....that was a proud week for us Boston owners!!
    Garrett, I have Boston VR3's. They are a wonderful sounding speaker. Very very clean highs with a nice smooth mid range and nice tight bass. I would not hesitate to recommend Boston to anyone. I heard many Paradigm speakers and they are excellent as well. I preferred the Boston sound though. Do yourself a service and go listen to the Bostons. You may get hooked like the few of us around here [​IMG]. I will also say that the customer service for Boston is INCREDIBLE!! I am talking almost SVS good....and that is saying something for a large company. Whenever I have a question the Tech support ALWAYS gets in touch with me inside of an hour via E-mail with very detailed and caring responces. If you have anymore questions let us know.

4. JoeHard

JoeHard Stunt Coordinator

I owned two pairs of Boston speakers when I first got the HT bug. A pair of T-830's and a pair of T-930's, as well as a Boston center. I was never unhappy with any of them, but I upgraded to Def Tech 2002's and there is no comparison in my book.I've never understood the cool response to the Def Tech's on this forum but I enjoy the bipolar sound.I don't think You would be unhappy with either. I have heard many of the Paradigm's and never loved them.

5. SeannO

SeannO Auditioning

I have a VR 5.0 system, VR-M50 (mains), VR-MC (center), and VR-MX (surrounds). I am planning on getting the VR-M/EX for the rear center next. I love the VR line. I bought the M50s first and auditioned speakers from many manufacturers during that time. I also auditioned centers and surrounds since I wanted a matching set. To my ear, nothing sounded as good as the Boston VR line. I would not hesitate to buy another set if I had to start over. By the way, the Cherry finish is big in the WAF department.

6. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I have a pair of older Boston VR-950's. I love them also. Best sounding speaker I have ever heard for $700 a pair... nevermind what I got them for discontinued... $160 pair. [​IMG] [​IMG] But they are very very natural sounding. Clean crisp highs with wonderful midrange. The bass can be a little muddy... but thats what my SVS will be for when I get it.