Boston Acoustics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by perrin, Oct 26, 2001.

1. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

I went to Magnolia Hifi store, a local Seattle high end electronics store, to see about some speakers. I told the salesman I can spend about $1000 on them. He suggested I should get Boston Acoustics' CR65 for $99/each or CR75 for $199/each with the center,CRC, for $199 and the subwoofer, PV600 for $450 or the PV400 for $300. I did get a chance to hear them and they do sound great. Has anyone else like these speakers?
    I do want to check out Paradigm's Home Cinema package. I am also considering the Home Theater Direct's System III.
    Has anyone else have any suggestions?
    Perrin

2. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

While I like Boston Acoustics, I would stay away from their subs. You can get a MUCH nicer sub from SVS or Hsu (I recommend SVS!) for about the same cost.
    I've heard good things about Home Theater Direct, and their speakers definitely easy on the eyes and are supposed to be very well build. I've never listened to them, however, so I can't really tell you about their performance.
    -Max

3. John Schmiedt

Not familiar with these particular speakers, but I have all Boston speakers and they are very nice. I would disagree with Max on the sub issue. I auditioned several subs and saw nothing negative about the Bostons. And if you like a good looking one the cherry look of the PV1000 can't be beat. My wife even says it looks great [​IMG]
    I previously had one of those big ugly looking ones and boy did I hear about that. No complaining now. Not sure if the 600 comes in cherry though.