What's new

Boston Acoustics VR960's + VR12 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I am selling the 960's(main L & R) plus this critically aclaimed center speaker (VR12) because I have upgraded my speakers. The 960's are in excellent condition and the center is in very good. The center has a ding on the back edge from something being dropped on it but its not horribly noticeable.

The VR960 is actually a two way speaker with a built in powered subwoofer. The subwoofer is powered by a 75 watt amp mounted into the bottom of each speaker box. The subwoofer itself (8") is mounted to fire out of the side of the enclosure. These speakers are each shipped as a dedicated left or a dedicated right speaker.
There is a five way speaker connector mounted toward the bottom on the rear of the enclosure. The only controls to be found on these speakers is for the subwoofer volume. Adjusting this will only affect the subwoofer and causes no noticeable coloration to the midrange or high end output of the system.

Specifications for these speakers (for those who care) as stated in the manual which came with these speakers are as follows:
Frequency Response (+/-3db) 29-20,000HZ
Recommended Amplifier Power 15-150 watts
Normal Impedance 8 ohms
Sensitivity (1 watt (2.83V) @ 1 METER) 90db
Subwoofer Amp Power 75 watts RMS
Bass Unit 8" (200mm)
Midrange 4 1/2" (115mm)
Tweeter 1" (25mm) anodized aluminum
Dimensions 421/4 x 61/2 x 14"
(1073 x 1665 x 356mm)
Weight 50lbs (23kg)
Finish Black cloth with
gloss black top

VR-12 Specs SOLD
Lynnfield 1" VR Tweeter
Dual 6.5" full-range
4.5" midrange
5-way rear binding posts
Black Ash finish (w/grill)

Dimensions: 25"W x 9"Deep(with grill) x 8.75"H

I'm asking $300 for the 960's. I have the original boxes and packing for all.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Anyone? The cold weather is coming time to get some new speakers to snuggle up with on those cold winter nights. OK I might be pushing it a little.:D

gdewitt

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Jeff,

Did you find a buyer. I'm still in the market but don't have $500. Let me know if you can discount.

Greg

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
My wife likes the mains in our bedroom so unless I get my price on those i'm not selling them, besides shipping is going to be at least a $100 for everything

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Help me buy some presents and get these for yourself or some you love.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks