What's new

Boston Acoustics VR500 sub (1 Viewer)

BrianWH

Agent
Can anyone give me the specs on this sub? Boston's site only has minimal info on this discontinued sub and a Google search turned up nil. I just bought one used for $169 in "perfect condition." Good deal? I saw the same model sub go for $330 two weeks ago (ebay).

Looking for frequency response, connections on back, crossover range (if adjustable), and anything else of note.

Also, what are your opinions of this sub? Is it a good fit for my chosen setup (first real HT)?

Onkyo TX-SR501
Boston CR65 fronts
Boston CR55 rears
Boston CR2 center

Thanks,
Brian

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
If memory serves me right, this sub goes back to about 1995/1996. It won the now-defunct Video magazines's HT Speakers of the Year when it was partnered up with Boston's CR8 left/right speakers (awesome speakers BTW), CR2 center-channel speaker, and the VRS Micro. I think it will go down to the upper 20s. I remember listening to it in a store and thinking it was a much better bargain than Boston's top-of-the-line sub, the VR2000, which was THX certified.

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
I have to start selling more stuff on ebay! I think this sub sold for $399 new. I owned this sub for about a week while I waited for Tweeter to get the PV600. I can't remember any of the specs, but I really liked this sub. I think $169 is a great price and you will really enjoy this sub. If not, drop me a line and I'll take it off your hands! :D

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
Danny Tse is correct! I missed that it was a VR500 and not the PV500. That makes it even a better deal!

BrianWH

Agent
Actually there's a PV500 on ebay right now, at $99. Still early, though.

I checked the past auctions and an identical VR500 went for $330 about two weeks ago. I just hope it turn=s out to be in "perfect condition" as promised.

Still looking for specs on freq. response, etc. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks