Boston Acoustics Sys 9000 Series II input

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Asa, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Asa

Asa Auditioning

I'm looking for any input on this speaker set from Boston Acoustics. Do any of you own these, or in the alternative, have you tried them out...know of any issues to be on the lookout for? I'm going to be trying them out soon, but would love some input on these speakers. Thanks.

2. Matt Jesty

Matt Jesty Second Unit

I sell the BA'S and would point out that the 9000 series DOESN'T use voice-matched surrounds, a big NO-NO in my book, but the 9500system does and I like it very much (also 'cause of its better sub)....Also, have you listened to the new Omni-sats from Mirage?

3. StephenL

StephenL Second Unit

I have the old System 9000. Good speakers for the size and price, but they should be used with a crossover of at least 120 Hz. I had the speakers connected to a Yamaha receiver with a 90 Hz crossover. I could not listen at loud levels without distortion because the Micro90x satellite speakers can't reproduce low frequencies. The other problem with a crossover that's too low is the diminished bass response between the lower limit of the satellites (about 120 Hz) and the receiver's crossover (90 Hz). Search the forum for boston system 9000 for more information.