Boston Acoustics - replacement for the VR-M flagship speakers:

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Kenneth Harden, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

These:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/wha_home.aspx

I say that is pretty weak. Low-profile plasma-friendly speakers have their place, but to replace your flagship speakers with this sort of stuff pains me.

More info at CES I guess.

BTW, I am not a Boston fan/owner, they have always seemed to make some good stuff, this just looks really weak and boring, and probably a step backwards (especially bass).

Before you rip on me, this is my opinion and speculation (other than these are coming and are supposed to replace the VR-M line) - please share your thoughts.

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i love my vr-mc and vr-m50s. i love them to death! not to mention that they look modern, and far from plain looking.

the new e series look more like main stream product. i dont like the looks of the bookshelf speaker, it looks like it is bound to be put on a speaker stand, because its bottom side is not level.

the tower speaker...why so many woofers??? and they are all small! at this point i prefer 6.5 inch woofer for a flagship speaker.

too bad boston acoustic is not really available nor popular in my area. the best they have is the vr-3.

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

Being a huge Boston fan myself I am a bit taken aback by this E series. Granted I have not heard it but I do wonder about all of those small drivers. I do not think it is a replacement for the VR-M lineup though. They are in the process of replacing the VRM's but I think I heard somewhere that it is still in the preocess and won't be out for awhile. I think I might shoot Boston a "ceriousity e-mail and see what is cooking. I'll let people know when I get something back.

4. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Yes, please let us know if you get some inside info.

I saw a website that called the new E Series the VR-M replacements. I hope not!

BTW, those are 5" woofers on the tower thingie.