Boston Acoustics 9500

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JonW, Jan 31, 2003.

1. JonW

JonW Auditioning

I am planning to install a home theater system in my bedroom and was thinking of using the Boston Acoustics System 9500 speaker package. The room is approximately 15' by 20'. Size and inconspicuousness of the speakers are major issues, to my wife at least. I have listened to the 9500's and felt that they sounded very good and their size might just meet my wife's requirements. Boston Acoustics speakers certainly do not get much play in this forum. I would appreciate anyone's views on the 9500's or suggested alternatives.

2. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Post deleted. Sorry. I confused the 9500 with the System10K.

3. Murali Kalapala

Jon,

I had the MicroSystem 9500 as before I listened to the B&W 600 series speakers. The micro satelites can only produce sounds upto 120Hz(Rated). This does leave a very big gap if your used to satelite speakers that go down to 80Hz or lower. You can actually sense something amiss when compared to the fuller range satelite. The other issue with the microsystem 9500 is that the sub is too boomy. I would suggest that you listen to slightly bigger speakers that go to 80Hz. Also the tweeters on the Micro 90 x satelites are overpowering.

I think you should compare these to other speakers before you buy.

Kris.

4. StephenL

StephenL Second Unit

The Micro 90 satellites should work well with a receiver that has a crossover that can be adjusted to 120-150 Hz.