What's new

Boston Acoustic PV-800 Buzzing? (1 Viewer)

StevenB

Agent
Hi,

I just got my Boston Acoustic PV-800 sub today. Originally, I thought I was doing a good thing and actually upgrading from my old Boston Acoustic PV-600. Two things I notice right off the bat:

1) It seems a heck of alot 'quieter' (or less presence) on the same level and settings as my old PV-600

and

2) There is quite a noticeable 'buzz' going on which increases when I increase the volume on the sub's dial.

Does anyone who owns this same sub have this problem? Did my 'upgrade' mean that I need to supply more 'juice' to the sub (separate amp for the sub), hence the lower 'presence' I am noticing? I am quite disappointed as I saved for 3 months for this. My PV-600 was much better fwiw.

Frustrated,

Steve in Philly

Jim Thor

Grip
Greetings, I have the pv 800. I have been using it for about 2 years now. Never heard a humm etc.

Check your power cord.

check the line in to the sub from the receiver. You may be getting some interferance from another cable,power cord etc.

Let me know.

Jim

I bet its a loose fitting somewhere though.

StevenB

Agent
Greetings,

No, that didn't help. The PV800 is still making the noise. I suppose it's more of a 'hum' than a buzz. Had no problems with the old sub prior, so I know it's not a connection or power outlet. I heard a few other people had this problem with this particular subwoofer. I emailed Boston Acoustics about it but I am still waiting for a reply. If I turn the dial up to where the sub output actually sounds good, the humming get's unbearable. Any others with this problem?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks