Boston Acoustic 9500S question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Barlow, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Robert_Barlow

Hiya guys, I have the chance to pick this speakers up for 850( 12inch woofer, 4 sattelites and a center). They were a demo unit in an electronics store.

Is this a good deal, or would it be smarter to go witht he newer model 9000 (plastic vs aluminum).

The reciever I plan on driving them with is a dennon 3802.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. Robert_Barlow

Does the lack of response mean that these speakers suck?

Even negative feedback is encouraged. I just want to know wether or not either package is a good deal.

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

those speakers certainly do not suck. they are all aluminum die-cast and are solid as a rock. the aluminum tweeter is the same that boston uses in all of their higher up speakers (lynfield tweeter). the sub is the equilelent to the pv 800. it has 300 watts and sounds very good, although thereare better subs out there. for 850$ you are getting a FANTASTIC deal. i have the system 9000II and paid 900$. it has the same fronts and center as the 9500 but a weaker sub and plastic rears. i just upgraded the fronts to vr965 towers from boston because they sounded better for music. if home theater is your main thing than the 9500 is fantastic. if you listen to a lot of music you may want to upgrade the front at some point but i would not let that deal slip away. we have always had boston for 15 years now and they still sound brand new. i think they are a very underated speaker brand on many forums so you do not hear too much about them. i think they ware a perfect match for the denon 3802 also. i actually demoed my speakers with that denon and was very impressed. i stuck with yamaha though, just personal preference. if you have anymore questions let us know. tell us whatever you decide. good luck.

4. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

Robert,

5. Robert_Barlow

Thanks for the advice guys! Once again, thanks for responding! I was begininng to wonder if anyone would.

I think I will stop back by the store today and pick them up!

I will let you gusy know tonight if the set was still available.