What's new

Bosom Buddies (1 Viewer)

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
All this about Tom Hanks is all well and good, but a DVD of Bosom Buddies would be sorely incomplete without the participation of one miss Donna Dixon:

I could truly buy that Kip lusted after her.

Kudos, Dan Aykroyd. Kudos.

BOMM,

CS

Brady

Grip
Yes, Donna Dixon is indeed a babe, but also, within the past few months, Wendy Jo Sperber passed away. They could do a nice little extra about her, since she also acted with Hanks in other projects such as Bachelor Party.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

I agree with that 100%! Donna is right up there with Lynda Carter, Heather Thomas and all the other beautiful actresses of the time!

I enjoyed the show but not the cross dressing, it grossed me out a bit and I never found it funny in any film or tv skit.
But I thought Hanks and Scolari made a hell of a comedy team, too bad they did'nt co-starred in comedy movies!

MattHR

Screenwriter
I read somewhere that Tom Hanks purchased the rights to the show from Paramount, then summarily destroyed the masters.

Seriously, it is odd that the show hasn't surfaced on DVD yet. I would think it would be a decent seller. Hanks was popular then, and certainly still is, so it wouldn't
have to be tied to some new project of his.

The show lasted only 38 episodes, so it could be released as a complete series set on 5 discs, instead of two 3-disc sets. That's how I'd like to see it released.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
If this does come out I hope there will be some type of tribute to my beloved Wendie Jo Sperber. At the very least a compilation of her best moments from the series.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
To clarify further, the song used on the DVD (and in most syndication versions) is a vocal version of the closing theme music. The song has lyrics by the creator of the show, Chris Thompson, and because of that, it's been speculated that he wanted that song there in the first place (if only because he gets royalties that way).

I agree that the Billy Joel theme works better, though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Picked this up from deepdiscount for $23 last week.

I love this show. too bad the original song isn't there and the picture looks like a dub from a vhs tape, including a few times when the picture rolls and bounces the way an old tape would sometimes.

Sound is not very good either, a little muffled.

At least Macho Man is still in the pilot. I love it when Peter/Hildy comes out of the bathroom and says "good job God."

I had forgotten that Two and a half men's Mom was on this show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess this is the real opening theme seems pretty obvious that Hanks is the singer.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't think anyone really expected the Billy Joel to be included. The substitute version had been used in syndie eps for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks