What's new

Bose Vs Vintage (1 Viewer)

JackVa1

Auditioning
Real Name
JAck
I have the Bose hooked up to my ONKYO Surround. I added my own Bose Center and two Bose Rear's for surround. I also have a very large Velodyn Sub and was pretty happy till I joined this forum and learned that Bose sucks - soooo

Since I have three pairs of different Sansui 70's speakers (SP1700 , SP2000, Rare SP 1200) , should I dismantle the Bose and just stick these various monsters in their place? I could use one for a center and replace the others.

I have no way to A/B this but I need opinions: A matched Bose set vs the Dinosours.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Just because folks here say BOSE sucks doesn't mean you can't enjoy them if you have them. Why not try the the other speakers and see if you like them better. Maybe they will be better, maybe the won't. Doesn't hurt to try.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Wellll, what BOSE speakers do you have? If you've got a set of 901s, then maybe it's not so bad...

You can put all the speakers in place and swap the cables from one to another to A/B them. Better yet, get a friend to swap or not swap the cables while you are out of the room, then come in and run the same chunk of music over and over until you clearly decide what sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks