What's new

BOSE Speakers? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,
I've noticed that many laughed at the sound of bose speakers...rip off or something?...well there are some for sale i noticed, are they worth looking at? i dono what model they are...

thanks

Jay

Ryan_Day

Auditioning
I'd say give them a listen - they're alright for the price. The same thing goes for any brand/model of speaker, what's important is that YOU like/dislike them, who cares what other people think of them.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Jay,
Not to give blunt advice...but......do a search for Bose. What are you looking for in a speaker? Howm many and what type of speaker (fronts, surrounds etc....) are you looking for. What is your budget. If you give us a bit of info I am sure we could give you some suggestions for less than those Bose will cost ya'.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
"they're alright for the price."

Uh Oh.......I think a can of worms could be opening.........

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
mmmmm...worms
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

JamesCB

Second Unit

I sure hope you were feeding the troll. Otherwise, that is the most retarded comment I've heard in a long time.

James

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
seriously though, i went to a model house where they had a set up with bose speakers, draper screen, and infocus 5700. they had a movie server made out of a pc. the rest of the equipment was locked up so i could not see what else they had. the sound was up but it was not really crisp like you hear at some places. they were showing finding nemo. one system i heard previously you could hear the bubbles in the water. on these speakers, you could hear it but it wasnt distinct. what speakers do you have to get to hear that crisp sound? let's say your budget is no more than 3000 for good speakers. what are the best out there? assume you have denon flagship products.

cabreau

Second Unit
For $3000, there are all sorts of nice speakers out there that you can buy. Just browse through these forums.

You'll often here good things about Paradigms (Paradigm fans are loud and they are not shy to suggest getting a pair - I am one of those people). Paradigms are known for giving "bang for your buck". The Paradigm Atoms are a perfect example of that. These little fells PERFORM! For $3k you are moving into the Paradigm Studio line, which will not disappoint. Check out Studio 20s, CC-470, ADP-470 setup with an SVS sub.

Boston Acoustics (harder to find people being obnoxious about these speakers, Boston Acoustics fans tend to be secretive and quiet, almost an elite group that doesn't want anyone else buying these because THEY want to be the only ones that own these awesome speakers - but you will NEVER hear bad things about the BA speakers).

B&W (I heard a CHEAP pair of these that sounded AWESOME).

Axiom/Ascend/Rockets/Swan/SVS (all online companies that apparently have awesome speakers for an awesome price.) I've never had the privilege of hearing any of these, but the reviews are almost always good - I think Swans and Rockets are alter egos of each other from what I've read, i.e., you have to hear them and like the sound before buying. Axioms and Ascend reviews seem to suggest that everyone who hears them likes them.

For subs, from what I gather, all SVS models and the HSU STF-2 are good subs.

For $3000, you have Martin Logan Mosaics...ahhhhhhh Mosaics, please keep massaging my eardrums with your beautiful, precise, wide, rich soundstage. Man, these are beautiful sounding speakers. For $3k, you can probably only afford the fronts and center, but it's WORTH IT. LOL. If you haven't heard these yet, it's time to give them a try.

Then there are those leather wrapped speakers that are designed for listening to classical music (some Italian name), but it seemed to me that the ML's were a much better deal.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
LOL!! I had a feeling this thread would get interesting. Love all the worm comments.... Cabreau, nice to see you here again....haven't seen you hare lately....excellent post. I fully agree with everything you said. I came very close to upgrading to the Mosaics a week ago on a whim but the more I thought about it the more I realized what I have is fine....and DAMBIT..I want a Ae700 or 4805!!!!!!!!!

cabreau

Second Unit
With HD so close, I'd say AE700 all the way. The extra $400 is worth it all day long.

That's my next projector, unless I can get one of those new 6000:1 contract ration Sonys.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Yep....those Sonus Fabers are very nice. Those Pianos are great looking with the Leather and Wood (looks like my car :) ). They sound great as well....pricey though at 2200$. The floorstanders are very nice but at 4000$ a little more than I can afford.

I would love that 700 Cabreau but 2200$ is a lot for me. I can get that 4805 for about 1350$......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks