Bose speakers and their tweeter

John Roger

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
What is the tweeter used in 201/301 bose speakers? I have an old 201 series III. The tweeter looks cheap.What type is it?
What is the best type of tweeter?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Reaction score
A VERY cheap cone tweeter. Like what you see in cheap boom boxes and shelf systems.

Bose pays next to nothing for them.

The woofers are the cheapest I have seen. Stamped steel frame, thin paper cone, and untreated foam surround.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Best tweeter? In general, dome tweeters (3/4-1") are the most popular on speakers from $100 - $100,000. They range from a few bucks at the OEM level, all the way up to many thousands of dollars for hi-end ones. There are also horn tweeters (my favorite
), which are very sensitive and detailed. Then some hi-end companies use ribbon, planar, etc, etc. tweeters - many different types, they tend to be very expensive.

Overall, if you see a cone tweeter, it is not a good thing. Dome tweeters are the standard. Here is something to look at:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....&WebPage_ID=30

You can browse all the different tweeters and other drivers.

John Roger

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
What about series V.Are they domes?

But someone told me old bose speakers are good.Their new ones are crap.And what's this "stereo everywhere", "direct/reflecting", is the stuff for real?

I think replacing the tweeters is a bad idea so would go for new speakers.

What speakers deliver crisp and sharp trebles?Wat abt Jbl with bi-radials? I have recently heard a warfedale with a soft dome.Trebles were very low.So I think titanium domes are the way to go.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Bones