What's new

Bose or klipsch setup? noob here. (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
You can substitute anything here at Best Buy and pay the difference. I wouldn't expect it to be different anywhere else.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I think it is bs that they wouldnt let you substitute the receiver and pay the difference. Tell them that you will take your business elsewhere if they dont let you do it.

btw.. did you win that $500 gift card by doing the survey that they tell you to take on the bottom of the best buy receipts?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I think it is bs that they wouldnt let you substitute the receiver and pay the difference. Tell them that you will take your business elsewhere if they dont let you do it.

btw.. did you win that $500 gift card by doing the survey that they tell you to take on the bottom of the best buy receipts?

Pete Bishop

Agent

No. I work for AT&T wireless as a sales rep and I won a Motorola contest. I got a Motorola V600, a blue tooth headset and the gift card. It was like a $1000 worth of stuff.

Pete Bishop

Agent

No. I work for AT&T wireless as a sales rep and I won a Motorola contest. I got a Motorola V600, a blue tooth headset and the gift card. It was like a $1000 worth of stuff.

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
I would go with receiver from BB and get polks from CC...I just finished out my polk 5.1 system and its amazing. Not at all fatiguing like the Klipsch IMO.

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
I would go with receiver from BB and get polks from CC...I just finished out my polk 5.1 system and its amazing. Not at all fatiguing like the Klipsch IMO.

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
steer clear of both bose and klipsch. polk speakers and a good $500+ receiver from BB

if you listen at loud levels dont get klipsch, they start to leave ringing in your ears like after concerts. Bose just doesnt cut it , period.

Oh man.. DON'T even put Klipsch in the same sentence with Bose.. :thumbsdown: ;)

And they may leave ringing in YOUR ears, but many people love the sound. I know I do for HT. And try to avoid statements like "don't get that". After all, it's up to each person to listen on their own and buy the sound that THEY like.

That said, hope the Polks work out for you Pete. I almost bought a pair myself a couple months back. There's some really good deals on them these days. And yes, let us all know how you like 'em.

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
steer clear of both bose and klipsch. polk speakers and a good $500+ receiver from BB

if you listen at loud levels dont get klipsch, they start to leave ringing in your ears like after concerts. Bose just doesnt cut it , period.

Oh man.. DON'T even put Klipsch in the same sentence with Bose.. :thumbsdown: ;)

And they may leave ringing in YOUR ears, but many people love the sound. I know I do for HT. And try to avoid statements like "don't get that". After all, it's up to each person to listen on their own and buy the sound that THEY like.

That said, hope the Polks work out for you Pete. I almost bought a pair myself a couple months back. There's some really good deals on them these days. And yes, let us all know how you like 'em.

StephenHa

Second Unit
if you get ringing that's your ears telling you it's too loud. I like the sound of some polks not a bad speaker

StephenHa

Second Unit
if you get ringing that's your ears telling you it's too loud. I like the sound of some polks not a bad speaker

Pete Bishop

Agent
No, I ordered the HSU today and my Polks yesterday. The receiver is sitting on my table though. I should get the other stuff by Friday. That gives me the weekend to set it up. HSU only delivers by Fedex ground, but lucky me I live 2 1/2 hours away from Anaheim, CA, so I'll get my sub in 2-3 days.

Pete Bishop

Agent
No, I ordered the HSU today and my Polks yesterday. The receiver is sitting on my table though. I should get the other stuff by Friday. That gives me the weekend to set it up. HSU only delivers by Fedex ground, but lucky me I live 2 1/2 hours away from Anaheim, CA, so I'll get my sub in 2-3 days.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
looks like a good setup to me. interested to hear your impressions when you get it all set up. was actually considering those same 5 polks at one time myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks