BOSE - noticed their displays are getting 'cheap'?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Kenneth Harden, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

***I posted this in this section because it does NOT belong in a speaker forum or whatever.***

Remember how Bose used to have really expensive, fancy displays that were part of the experience?

I am noticing that when I am in electronics stores, the new displays are cheap, bordering on junk. Fabric panels, flimsey build, ugly design, etc.

I wonder if they are not selling as many units as they want and are scaling back on costs?

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Maybe they are finally making the displays match the product. [​IMG]

I can't believe I got to throw out the first Bose joke in a thread. [​IMG]

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

LOL - I was gonna say: You don't want the video overshadowing the weak-ass sound.

4. Greg Rakaska

Greg Rakaska Stunt Coordinator

I was in Circuit City recently and observed two ladies standing in front of one of the cheesy Bose displays with the rear channel "cubes" suspended on a couple of rods that extended about 5 feet out into the aisle, about 8 feet up in the air.

One of the ladies commented how she had always wanted a Bose system. The other responded "Well I like the way this sounds, but I wouldn't like those speakers hanging over my head like that!" [​IMG]

I swear this is an absolutely true story!

5. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I doubt it, when I knocked the sides of one it didn't sound as hollow as the Bose speakers.[​IMG]