What's new

Bose Lifestyle 28 Audio cable HELP !! (1 Viewer)

radugaif

Auditioning
Help please with wiring Bose Lifestyle 28 Home theater audio cable !!
I have loose Bose audio cable that connect's AV 28 media center with PS18 Acoustimass module
This cable is similar in Bose Lifestyle 18, Bose Lifestyle 28, Bose Lifestyle 35, Lose lifestyle 38, Bose Lifestyle 48
It have RG45 connector at one end and Mini din 8 connector at another end.
Please !!! If anybody have Lifestyle system send me please wiring of this cable !!
New audio cable from Bose cost's too much $$$

for example :

RG45 --- Mini Din 8
Pin 1---?
Pin 2---?
Pin 3---?
Pin 4---?
Pin 5---?
Pin 6---?
Pin 7---?
Pin 8---?

Thanks so much.

mail me [email protected]

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Welcome!

Just fair warning..Bose is NOT highly regarded around here so not sure if you'll find your answer here...but ya never know!

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’m not sure exactly what you’re trying to do here, but the standard way to find the pin-out of a damaged cable for repair is to cut it off a few inches past the connector, then strip back the outer insulation an inch or so, exposing the inner conductors. Then strip the insulation off each conductor back a 1/4” or so. Once the bare wires are exposed you can use an ohm meter to determine where each wire appears on the connector.

At that point you can cut out the damaged section of the cable and re-solder the connector on.

You’ll probably have to provide your own replacement connector – the factory one(s) probably have crimped connections.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The instructions I provided above are universal, applying to any multi-pinned connector. Sorry, I really can't tell you anything specific about the Rg 45 - I've never heard of one of those. Perhaps you could post a picture, or a link to one?

radugaif

Auditioning
Rg45 connector Pin's -
beveiligingsshop.nl/media/rj45.gif

Mini din8 connector Pin's -
gpsy.com/jp/manual/images/MiniDin8.gif

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That’s an RJ-45 – commonly used for computer networking.

Those can be tricky to deal with. To begin with, they are crimp-only connectors, so it requires a special tool like this one:

It’s hard to find them for less than $20-25. Plus a package of connectors will cost a few dollars more. So the price of admission is $30 minimum. By this time you may be well on the way to paying for a new cable from Bose.

Since the RJ-45’s are clear plastic, you can look at them and see what color wire goes where. All you need to do is strip back the outer insulation jacket 5/8”, exposing the individual conductors. You will probably find the individuals are varying in length. Cut them flush so that they are 1/2” long, then slide the individuals fully into the RJ-45 in the same order as your original connector, to where they fully bottom out at the end of the connector (the individual conductors don’t need to stripped back). Insert the connector into the tool and crimp fully.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.