What's new

Bose Lifestyle 18 with Acoustimass 25 (1 Viewer)

arav1605

Auditioning
Real Name
Aravind
Hi All,
Sorry, I am new to this forum and apologies if this is a repeat question.
I had a Bose Lifestyle 12 Series II Home Theater which is working pretty good.
One of my friends was going back to India and he has left me a Bose Lifestyle 18 DVD Player.
When I connected my Acoustimass 25 Subwoofer to the Lifestyle 18 system there is no sound at all.
But when I plug in a ear phone to the Bose Lifestyle 18 system i can hear just fine.
So my question is, is the Bose Lifestyle 18 compatible with the Acoustimass 25 Power Subwoofer?
Any help is highly appretiated and thanks in advance
Thanks
Aravind

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
I tried looking at the connections but it seems that the lifestyle 18 uses a multi pin round connector to output sound? The AMass 25 looks like it has a couple of coaxial ins... Doesn't look like they are going to mate up but I might have it wrong. Could you upload pics of the ports on both the DVD and the AMass?
I don't have anything Bose and my guess is you wont find anyone here who does ( nothing satellite based anyways).
Those pics could be the key to figuring out how to hook these up.

arav1605

Auditioning
Real Name
Aravind
Thanks for your reply. I am attaching the PICS as requested by you. Please let me know
7f8983a8_DVDPlayer.jpeg

f4b385d0_Acoustimass.jpeg

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
ok does the cord you have fit into the 9 pin main right below the power plug in and the 13 pin on the AMass? or were you using RCA cables somehow?

arav1605

Auditioning
Real Name
Aravind
Hi,
I have connected the cable from the main socket below the power to the 13 pin amass.
Thanks

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
ok then you have it setup correctly, either you have a bad cord... or they are incompatible. Because the connection is multi pin like that think of it more as a computer signal. And whatever the DVD player is saying the AMass isn't understanding. Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe a dedicated bose forum might have some answers?

arav1605

Auditioning
Real Name
Aravind
Thank you so much for your help. The cable is good because it still works with the LS12 CD Player.
Do you know of any such dedicated Bose forums?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks