What's new

Bose Lifestlye or Paradigm/Pioneer (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Excuse me, did you say my condolances on owning a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX, arguably the best receiver on the market, and you are going to buy a piece of shit Bose system.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
This takes the cake that is the dumbest comment I've ever heard on this forum. Rajeek is very proud of his 49TX and so am I. Plus where do you think Bose got the idea of their ADAPTIQ stuff from, Pioneer Elite's MCACC. Wow I'm in total shock after that comment.
Daniel Smith

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
heh, reminds me of the time I visited a colleague of my SO. he had one of the Bose Lifestyle systems, dunno the model no. but he admitted when asked by one of the others that he'd spent about S$5,500 for it.
my (unspoken) reaction was: by way of comparison, I've spent about S$5,700 on a Marantz SR8200, Mission 782 fronts, 78C centre and 78DS surrounds, and (this is the piece de resistance) an SVS 22-31PCi.
I daresay I've got the better bargain :D

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Bose is good when you get into their larger speakers, but still you could do better for much less money. I have heard the new lifestyle system way too many times at work, and while impressive, still not convinced it is worth the money. There is a website I found through this site that detailed the defenciencies of the lifestyle systems, and they are HUGE problems, like the combination of speakers and "bass module"(since it is not a sub, it is several 5 1/4 drivers) dont create a full range of sound. If I remember reading correctly, you miss a range of about 100hz or so.

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Mr Dan Smith
Now I am truly convinced. The educated do buy Bose. As far as other brands (and judging by certain peoples comments) I would have to say it is a ****shoot. I mean crapshoot.
Glad you are proud as I know Rajeek is but I get the feeling Rajeek may have read more of this thread.
Seems Andrew got the idea. I bet he owns Bose. LOL
Steve

RajeeK

Second Unit
One more thing. I looked at your equip list and saw Pioneer Elite in there. My condolances. Maybe you can still trade in on the Bose.
Ya your right. Do ya really have to rub it in? My 49TX & B&W's are up for sale now. Hopefully I will get enough to scrounge up a Bose 3-2-1 system. Ahhhh to dream.
I think the 3-2-1 goes for about $999, anyone out there willing to pay that for a 49TX or do an even swap?;)

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I think this thread proves how sloooooow Bose buyers can be (not how educated). I've seen this thread (in different forms) over and over. But, I just never get tired of it! It always brings a smile to my face listening to the Bose rants because they are so true. You get what you pay for and if status with the clueless is worth more than great sound go with Bose. I guess in the end people should spend their money on whatever they want. I spent mine on Pioneer/Boston Acoustics. :)

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
Lots of people I know think Bose are awesome; I just don’t understand it. I think some of it has to do with their wives not letting them buy big speakers so they had to make due with little cubes. It’s just sometimes they have the arrogant attitude that nothing is better than their system. I was talking to this guy about the system I put together for myself, etc… and after that he comes to me and puts his arm around my shoulder and says, “You keep at it, and one day you might have a system that rivals my Bose setup” :rolleyes

John Royster

Screenwriter
“You keep at it, and one day you might have a system that rivals my Bose setup”
bwahahahhahhahaa, had to chime in. That is such a familiar story.

A few guests who haven't seen my setup ( 6 foot tall martin logans, denon, adcom amps) ask to hear it. I play a disc of their choice for about 10 seconds and then hear this - "sounds pretty good, are you going to move up to Bose?"

Inside I'm thinking "outta my house...now". Then politely sit them down and play the track again and politely say - Bose will never sound like this...just listen.

They walk away enjoying the music but still argue with me that bose is better. Some folks just don't get it.

Bose - sound OK, but I would pay maybe 1/8 of the asking price. So I don't consider that bashing, just that its WAY, WAY, WAY overpriced.

A friend of mine tore one of the Bose cubes apart to identify the driver and found out he could purchase them for less than $3 each in quantity. Me thinks they make some profit eh?
Pete

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
I love these troll threads. SO here I am bringing it BACK TO THE TOP!!

Bwahhhaaahahahahahaahaahaahaahaahaaaaaahaaaa!

Meatwad make da money see?

Meatwad get the honeys, G

Drivin in my car, looking like a star..

Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus!

I'm just glad to see there's a guy with a vette, another that has "no replacement for displacement" as his tagline, and a fan of the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on the board!

On topic content? There is none on this thread is there?

By the way...sold my 95 Impala SS, and about to get a West Coast Cobra replica...460 cubes 0 to 60 in under 4 sec...do ya think McIntosh would look good in it?

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Manny
Sell that Mac and get a Bose sys. You will not regret it.
I also feel you are damaging the enviroment with your new car and would look great in a Geo Metro. The Bose will sound better in the Met than the Cobra because the Met has a better more quiet exhaust sys.
You will get the money you spend in uprading the McIntosh with Bose over time in gasoline and Tire savings. I also understand that the Met and Bose combo is a real chick magnet.
Steve

I love the company Bose and their marketing. Because of them I was able to buy 5 year old (very good condition) B&W DM 640i fronts, B&W DM 600i rears for $450, and a B&W 600 IFS center channel for $150. $600 total for B&W home theater setup while my friend too the money and bought a Bose Lifestyle system for over $2,500. I wonder who got the better bargain?

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
You know Glen.
This thread is full of Bose fans so I am sure most people who read this will feel your Buddy did better.
Steve

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I don't know, Steve. Either you are attached at the waist with Bose, or your sarcasm is being taken way too far. It may have been funny once, but time after time it gets old.. if that is the case.

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
OK ADUM
I started this thread as a joke because a cow worker of mine is always laughing at me for using Paradigm, Cambridge Audio, Marantz Equip etc when I could have had Bose. So we were sitting at work and I decieded to show him there is more to life than Bose.
Well I guess I got carried away as you have pointed out. I was actually joined at the Ears.
Yes it is getting old and I will now lock myself in my buddys room and force myself to listen to his sys for 2 hours as punishment.
I hearby declare all I/P on this thread by me finished.
By the way. Who is this JBL guy that made your home theater possible?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Friend's not only don't let friends buy BOSE, they don't even let them listen to Bose.

That being said, I have a very good friend (know since we were 5, 25 yrs.). He has a VERY large discretionary income compared to mine and has a BOSE setup because, well he is well educated we both have BS degress, (but I guess his was better suited towards BOSE)

I have a Pioneer 811 that I paid $300 for and H/k seperates with a powered 8" sub that I paid $150 for brand new off of UBID when they were good a couple years back).

My system for less then $500 absolutely SMOKES his $1500, educated BOSE system. If I had $1300 to upgrade my speakers, I would bring him to his knees and cry. He still goes for their marketing crap tho.
BUt he is the kind of guy that spent $15k on an engagement ring only at a certain, ya know STORE as opposed to shopping his 15k and getting the best value for his money, he just had to have it from store XYZ.
Guess I am glad I am poor now (not really) as I learned to get the best value for my dollar, that way when my income goes up drastically in a few years (made a career change to IT last year so my $$$ took a hit), I will be able to stretch my bigger $$ even further :)
Shopping for what you are interested in, doing your research and then comparing things is true EDUCATION. Claiming that educated people buy BOSE actually shows a true LACK of education!!!
Tell your buddy to call his University and demand his money back for his degree because he got riped off if thats what he thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks