Bose Killer = Rocket Tykes

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jed M, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

I don't know if these have been posted here before but these look like a great system for the price (especially the family price). Meet the Rocket Tykes. If anyone is in the market for small cube speakers, I would wait a few months if you can. If they offer the family pricing to us ol' timers who still have diva's I will probably get a set for my bedroom or downstairs. I am not expecting the world, but I'll take it.[​IMG]

Again, sorry if this was posted but I did three searches. And yes, using Bose in my title is a shameless attempt to get views.

2. Ted_Wern

Ted_Wern Agent

I don't know about those. That sub that comes with it looks like the same sub that comes with the other series. It has like 6, 4inch woofers in there. There has to be something better to chose from.

3. Luke_R

Luke_R Agent

The sub is an 8" with a 150 watt amp. The mains have 2.5" drivers.

4. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

Will be interesting to see how the new Hsu Research 5.1/6.1 system compares for $500-$600. I heard it on Friday. The satellites are tiny, and the system as a whole puts out some impressive sound! And ofcourse, we know Hsu knows subwoofers.

5. NateF

NateF Stunt Coordinator

Just what the world needs, another set of computer speakers masquerading as a HT setup.

6. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

No I think there is a big market now for HT/surround systems in bedrooms, small home offices and small rooms and that is the customer they are shooting for. I would love to have a great small surround system in my small home office instead of the normal old stereo...

7. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

They were on display this past weekend in Dallas, although I did not listen to them. They are supposed to retail for $500 and will be offered to existing Rocket customers for $300 for a short period of time.

I see them more suited for an office or a small bedroom (as Mike points out), rather than any serious attempt to hit ‘real’ HT market. There is probably also a market for entry-level buyers as well.

The ELT speakers are I think their attempt to compete with Bose—most specifically their Lifestyle systems. I did listen to these (both music and HT) and at $900 they will have a definite impact on other products in that price range.

8. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

9. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

>>>I don't know about those. That sub that comes with it looks like the same sub that comes with the other series. It has like 6, 4inch woofers in there. There has to be something better to chose from.

10. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

>>>Just what the world needs, another set of computer speakers masquerading as a HT setup.