What's new

Bose Killer = Rocket Tykes (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if these have been posted here before but these look like a great system for the price (especially the family price). Meet the Rocket Tykes. If anyone is in the market for small cube speakers, I would wait a few months if you can. If they offer the family pricing to us ol' timers who still have diva's I will probably get a set for my bedroom or downstairs. I am not expecting the world, but I'll take it.:D

Again, sorry if this was posted but I did three searches. And yes, using Bose in my title is a shameless attempt to get views.

Ted_Wern

Agent
I don't know about those. That sub that comes with it looks like the same sub that comes with the other series. It has like 6, 4inch woofers in there. There has to be something better to chose from.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Will be interesting to see how the new Hsu Research 5.1/6.1 system compares for $500-$600. I heard it on Friday. The satellites are tiny, and the system as a whole puts out some impressive sound! And ofcourse, we know Hsu knows subwoofers.

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
Just what the world needs, another set of computer speakers masquerading as a HT setup.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
No I think there is a big market now for HT/surround systems in bedrooms, small home offices and small rooms and that is the customer they are shooting for. I would love to have a great small surround system in my small home office instead of the normal old stereo...

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
They were on display this past weekend in Dallas, although I did not listen to them. They are supposed to retail for $500 and will be offered to existing Rocket customers for $300 for a short period of time.

I see them more suited for an office or a small bedroom (as Mike points out), rather than any serious attempt to hit ‘real’ HT market. There is probably also a market for entry-level buyers as well.

The ELT speakers are I think their attempt to compete with Bose—most specifically their Lifestyle systems. I did listen to these (both music and HT) and at $900 they will have a definite impact on other products in that price range.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Just what the world needs, another set of computer speakers masquerading as a HT setup.
Except that's not what they are. They're not PC speakers and they're not masquerading as anything. AV123 isn't going to try to tell you that they can do reference or fill a large room with surround sound. They have a target market with them, and the ELT.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
>>>I don't know about those. That sub that comes with it looks like the same sub that comes with the other series. It has like 6, 4inch woofers in there. There has to be something better to chose from.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
>>>Just what the world needs, another set of computer speakers masquerading as a HT setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks