What's new

Bose is such an easy target (1 Viewer)

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
Could the biggest beef with Bose be that they are simply overpriced and try to play in a market that simply can't compete with simliar priced products on spec?

So would you guys be so viscious if BOSE was in a more realistic pricing realm?

Your right, it is easy to pick on BOSE (heck I do it all the time) but my brother-in-law picked up a 5.1 speaker set for dirt cheap. He's happy as hell...likes the non-intrusive nature of the minicubes, and it sounds better than his tv speakers. My only beef is that he connected it to a Yamaha receiver which is inheirently a little bright to start with. But at the price he got it and the small room it's in....I couldn't really argue...BOSE was a good choice...different strokes I guess.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
"Stoopid People Stuff".
I dont think that is a case. Some people are afraid of buttons or dont care. There is a lady who walks our dogs from time to time. I 'fix' her tv vcr ever couple of months in return. She likes tv but has no tech sense whatsoever. Usally a wrong button was pushed. There are a lot of people like this out there. Companies ignore them

My 70 year old aunt hates speakers....she likes music.... but stand alone speakers are hated.
If the speaker is built in....it's not hated; it's a radio.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
So would you guys be so viscious if BOSE was in a more realistic pricing realm?
How do you think they pay for their ad campaign.
I swear I change channels whenever one of their ads start... and I go to another channel and the same @#$%^ ad is on!!!

That is not cheap

ChristopherBer

Stunt Coordinator
I know Bose might sound like crap to most of you, but I have one and still think it's not crap.

But at least Bose created competition in the home theater business and showed small speakers can make big sound whether or not it's good or not. :)

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
I swear I change channels whenever one of their ads start... and I go to another channel and the same @#$%^ ad is on!!!
Not in Canada...the odd ad is on and that's usually at 2:00 in the morning (which from a marketing perspective has very little impact). I'd say BOSE has a very low-key ad campaign in Canada. The funny thing is that they developed this reputation...probably on the backs of the 901's and that's it. But when you talk to people about BOSE they perk up and say it's high quality gear because that's what they heard. It's an urban legend that perpetuates itself. You occasionally see their ads in magazines. I'm can't say I've been bombarded by their ads so I'm not sure the extent to which you are referring. I'm not dicrediting you either. Understand that the view may be different than at home. But it's different for other reasons and partly because of geography I guess.

I'm not sure why BOSE has the reputation it does. The sound doesn't personally turn my crank but the idea of a non intrusive speaker does for some people. Personally, I like seeing stylish cones on a nice woodgrain finish or the stylings of a manufacturer like B&W but that's me.

I'm not sure why there is so much bitching about BOSE anyways. Vote with your dollars, it has a greater voice than some internet website anyways. Reverse the legend of BOSE, spread the word, educate your friends...that'll have the greatest impact, understand that some people will not listen when they are hell bent on getting it and you will have to accept that.

Maybe the biggest complaint is that they advertise too much?

Is that it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.