Bose Hour on SNBC

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Keith*D, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Keith*D

Keith*D Agent

Right now they are having the Bose hour on SNBC. I am actually pretty proud of how they are selling everything. Pretty much all of their attention is focused on simplicity and ease of use, which as far as I am concerned is the only real selling point of Bose. Oh well, if the buyers have the money and are happy...

Keith

2. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

Why don't you try calling in and asking them some technical questions [​IMG]

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

If someone wants simplicity and ease of use, they can get the Cambridge Soundworks Model 88 radio from Wal-Mart. Walmart doesn't have it because it sucks, but because CSW is selling off tis inventory. Slightly larger than the Bose Wave Radio but with far better sound, and deeper bass thanks to the 4" integrated bandpass-loaded subwoofer. Kloss really hit a home run.

4. Rory Buszka

The Model 88 has bass oomph. I've heard the Model One and while it had exquisite midrange and high end, and decent midbass for a speaker of its size, the CSW Model 88 has far more depth and oomph in the bass. The mid and high-range transducers step down to 2.5", for extended highs and clearer midrange. And it's a 4" bandpass subwoofer. In order to get that from Tivoli, you need the Model Two and Model Subwoofer. It can be a stylish office mini stereo, but the CSW 88 is better for that unless you need super stereo imaging. It is very compact for integrating a full 4" bandpass-loaded subwoofer in two-thirds of its cabinet. It is the functional equivalent of a CSW SoundWorks 3-piece set in one box, with a smaller sub and, presumably, slightly different EQ curves on the 2.5" front drivers and subwoofer, but with a radio tuner, CD player, and amplifiers. I think the Radio 88 represents a great value.

5. Mark Seaton

Mark Seaton Supporting Actor

Mark Seaton
    If any of you still have some fleeting respect for Bose, be certain to read this press release:

Bose Suit against CEDIA

6. Rory Buszka

I hope they kick Bose's can out of CEDIA. That might be what it takes to be the beginning of the end for that company. I already notice their product line is shrinking. The biggest flub ever: their Personal Amplification System. That thing will not fly with professional musicians. It probably won't even survive a single tour. It is basically a couple MA12 speakers and a B1 bass module incorporating a measly two 6.5" woofers. That thing won't be able to do the sort of things professional musicians need to be able to ask of their equipment.