Bose/For First Timer- Digital or Analog SPL Meter-Which is Easier/SVS

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James Edward, Jul 16, 2003.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

For someone not familiar with the level setting process, which do you think would be easier- the analog or digital meter from RS?

I'm assisting someone long distance, and they will be getting one meter or the other, depending on which is easier... I had set everything up in January, but new speakers and a problem with his Rotel 1065 receiver necessitates it being done again.

Thanks...

I should add that although he likes his HT setup, he'll probably do this once or twice, not ongoing like HTF members.

2. NateF

NateF Stunt Coordinator

Get the digital meter. There's nothing as easy as ready "84" on the meter. It's really very easy to use.

-Nate

3. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Most people consider the analog more useful becaause you can watch the swing of the needle which is more descriptive of the swing in Db's than just numbers going up or down. But the digital may be more useful for the neophyte for the reason stated above by NateF above.

The analog is definately more useful when doing bass sweeps or taming room peaks.

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Thanks. He's going to use it strictly for channel levels. I'll have him get the digital.

5. Richard Little

Richard Little Stunt Coordinator

the analog is on sale right now if they are like me and really get a kick on saving $10.