What's new

Bose enters auto suspension technology market (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

HAH AHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, my Grand Prix GTP has Bose in it. I'm just waiting for JD Powers to call me up and ask me about it. :D

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Translate, please.

Am I in the lower half of the mass market?

And, BTW...do those headphones work?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Apparently, the BOSE noise cancelling headphones work quite well

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Well of course it does. The average who thinks everything sounds the same and then walks into a Best Buy will of course think Bose is high quality because of hte high price.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Oh please, make this happen. I can see it now. Bose introduces:

Bose Omnipresence-Omni-directional Steering and Suspension Systems-

Features:

1. 360 degree "free-spin" pinion steering. No reverse gear needed.
2. Audio sensitive ball joints.
3. Reactive control arms
4. Circular coil springs
5. Semi-Circular rear leaf Response suspension.
6. Advanced Space-Age poly-urethane and grade 5 bushings and hardware.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter

I think Mr. Greengart is making it abundantly clear that he well knows what audiophiles think of Bose and was (wisely) careful in both statements to exclude anyone in the audiophile catagory. I'm not some Leonard Pynth-Darnell worrying about burying my living room in ferrite to offset the effect of gravitational fluctions on my Xenon-sealed cabling system, but even I can hear a difference in quality speakers to know Bose isn't what I would consider for myself.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Mark,
These are not "just" headphones....they "silence the noise" on an airplane, or where ever.
Now, imagine you travel alot and dislike screaming kids, or the enevitable "know it all" one row away. You're reading the Bose ad in the airline magazine. The ad with no price. But you WANT those headphones, and when you do find out how much they are, well you've got $300.00, hell, you've got it in your pocket. This has nothing to do with audiophile, it's about noise pollution and Sharper Image Fever. ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

J6P with money.

I must say silencing headphones (in general, haven't tried Bose ones) are quite an interesting gadget to have. I was once lucky enough to fly to Europe on work, in business class, and they supplied these. They certainly did reduce the loudness of the usual aircraft "thrum", making it easier to sleep.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor

you can still hear people talking when wearing these things. they pretty much just cancel out background noise.

as for the suspension, that is just what i want. a company that cuts corners in craftsmanship to make something that my life could depend on.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"A recent study by J.D. Power & Associates shows Bose is the brand consumers most link with superior sound quality in cars.

With the size of the internet I'm always amazed at how ingnorant people are. You research cars, home builders, pool companies for the best quality at the best price, but you believe Bose are the best, I don't get it.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Whats even stranger, is that Bose sales have increased some 23% since 2002 according to the article, with all this information at peoples fingertips.
I am curious to see how they are going to build a suspension with inferior parts and make it 'appear' to handle better and charge an arm and a leg for it. Will they have a satellite shocks and turning modules? Are they actually going to print the specs for people to see? I tried to replace my head unit in my car that had a Bose system and it ended up being a small nightmare for the installer as he had to specially wire each speaker for the new Alpine unit. So, if you want to replace, say the wheels on your car that features the Bose suspension, will you have to need special mounting kits installed or whatever? Whats next, Bose home thermostats that supposedly keep your home more comfortable without telling you what temperature it is? How about Bose computers that only let you surf some web sites claiming to enhance the surfing experience by negating all of those un-needed web sites? :D

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Yeah it should be a total bust/joke.

I mean look at Tag Mclearen and what they did. Auto racing to world class audio. What fools!

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

Fools in what way? Have you ever heard a complete TAG set up? Let me just say that TAG sounds a hell of alot better then anything Mr Bose can Pull out of his ass. :angry: :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks