What's new

Bose Acoustimass speakers..........cable replace? (1 Viewer)

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Hello
I have Acoustimass 10
It would really be worth replacing the cable and have a noticeable difference afterwards?

Ed ;)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Don't they use special connectors? I didn't think you could replace them. The difference would not be worth the trouble if they have their own connectors.

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
Do you think speaker wire is really going to make a difference in cheap 2.5" paper drivers?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Eduardo,

No, it wouldn't make a difference. Don't bother. Changing speakers to something better would be a dramatic improvement however.

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Yes I know there has been too much debate of Bose´s cube speakers, got those, because my HT is kind of small an placing bigger ones will be to much.
Im quite happy with them.

Ok lets leave the factory cables

ed :)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Check out the Paradigm Cinema Series speakers. They are 10 times better than the Bose and for less money!!

Dale B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Eduardo, I had the am 6's with the rca connectors on the bass module only. I e-mailed Bose and they sent me the adapters so I was able to use my own speaker wire, free of charge. Did it make a difference in sound, don't know, but it sure looked a lot neater.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Ugh Blose... I used to own them. Now my cousin uses them. He don't even like them, he prefers my fathers speaker that he bought in the 1970's which I have to say put out some beautiful bass and still sound awesome to this day.

As for the cable changes.. I don't think so. I changed mine in my Acoustimass 6 system and I noticed no difference at all. The drivers are so thing and the acoustimass module makes nothing at all either... I just couldn't notice the difference one bit.

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Thanks for your replies
Wish I had Paradigm Cinema Series speakers, or B&W´s but I live in Mexico City and prices here are outrageous and also we hav lack of brands, for instance I bought an Onkyo 700 on January 2003 and costed me $like $1100USD!!! :angry: Bought it on a major department store like Macys bit ist called Liverpool.......and........ still paying it on a 12 month basis.

I bought he Bose´s on 2 years ago on a trip to San Antonio TX

ed ;)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Those little Bose cubes can be compelling in a very space limited environment. My brother has something similar, the speakers in a Sony Dream System, for his tiny NYC apartment and they work great for what he uses them for. Enjoy!

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Eduardo,

I live i Mexico City also, so I know your pain. :) It is really difficult to find fair prices on audio/video stuff, still, sometimes you can find jewels. I dont know how small you want your speakers, but there are some better options than the Bose you actually have.

How about small bookshelfs? (about 30x20x20cm) Oh one more thing, how much would like to pay?

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Hola Manuel

Front speakers can fit nice, but the listeners area (fouton) is right against the back wall, placing other surrounds is going to be difficult since I have the surround bose cubes sideways back on the ceiling facing the listener area, my HT room is something like 4.20 meters long 3 mters wide, right now dont want to sepnd mnoney on new speakers since I just bought my 40" Wega :wink:
I can stil llive the Bose´s really
Thansks for your reply

ed ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just curious: What's the home theater scene like in Mexico City? Is there an increasing awareness of it among the general population the way there is in most of the U.S.?

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Maybe instead of beating poor Ed up over his unfortunate choice he made a couple of years ago, we should all pitch in and get him some different spks.
You know, cause were all made of money...

You know instead of "save Ferris", "save Ed"

;)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't mexico a HUGE hifi heaven in the mid 90s? There was a wave of new-rich during that time, but has subsequently collapsed. I think I remember reading that for a little while it was one of the biggest high-end markets going, although I am skeptical how "high-end" audio is defined in the average press. Just curious.

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Hola Jack!

Theater scene in Mexico:
From peolpe I know or see shopping they buy bundle systems like Kenwood or other commercial brands that include 5 small speakers, just to have the surround effect; since we have a lack of brands, models, and absurd high prices, we dont have too much to choose.

Having a good HT in Mexico.... I can say that is Luxury, for getting a "good" system you have to spend a lot of money and live with teh brands offered here, many but not all.

I think that´s why most of the people get those economic packages.

For the few we have a HT, we have spent lots of money and read a lot or either have travelled to the US to get our stuff.

Other point...theaters in Mexico have been a huge success!

In 1995 this new theater chain Cinemex arrived with the new concept super sound: DD, DTS etc... we didnt have that! So It was a new concept! since then other chains opened; these theaters have lots of attendance and the "big" days Wednesday (half price) and Sunday are crowded like a free Madonna concert.

So most of the people in here prefer to spend on movie theaters rather than a HT system

ed :)

P.S. Hope explanation was right

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks