What's new

Bose 3-2-1 System (somewhat seriously...) (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I've heard this system setup on demo at a few shops around town, but what gets me is the fact that Bose locks the disc tray with its own demo cd playing inside. Now not to accuse Bose of using a doctored demo disc (q-sound and the like), but has anyone heard this system playing movies/music? I find it rather fishy that they wouldn't let you audition it with your own music...hrm...

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Locking the disc can be both good and bad:

Good:
- They can ensure the quality of the disc being used is up to their "specs"

Bad:
- Limiting the listener to only have a small selection to listen to.

With so much good music out there, I think that Bose should not worry about what a listener would like to demo with their gear. However, on the other hand, I've been to many audio stores and when I want to listen to some gear, the salesperson has to get involved ... find a disc to use, etc. By that point, the salesperson thinks I'm very interested in buying the gear when I just wanted a quick listen.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Also, Bose does not want their disc getting ripped off!!!

I don't blame them. I work at Target and all of our demo discs last about 24 hours. Our selection of gear sucks, BTW. ;)

Yes, they probably want music that 'sounds good' on the system. Don't forget those demo booths put all the cones about 2' from your ears, so you really get boosted output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks