What's new

Bosch Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bosch Season 4 is available on Amazon Prime. Woo-hoo!!!

I watched the first episode last night, and I think this is going to be a good season! Things are setup well, and Bosch is making friends within the department as usual :). I wonder how many loose ends they will wrap up this season.

I love the old Bradbury Building. Glad to see it again. I feel so ignorant, but I wasn't aware of Angels Flight, I'm going to have to make sure I ride that the next time I'm in SoCal.

I don't want to binge-watch this show, but watch an episode a week to make it last.

Is it just me, or does it seem that John Getz has become the favorite choice for shows of a bad-guy authority figure?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
We’ve really been looking forward to this. Unfortunately it’ll be a few days until I can get to it and then, like you Rodney, we will take it a little at a time.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Me, too. I won't wait a week between episodes, but I will definitely not watch more than one at a time. We wait too long for each new season, so I'm not going to blow through them in the blink of an eye.

Great start to this new season.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I couldn't help myself; have already watched 4 episodes. Will probably watch the rest in the next couple of days.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Another excellent season, These streaming shows kill me though. I'd rather have watched this over a couple of months like a regular season show. I tried to parse it out, but at the end of each episode was a little cliff hanger and kept saying I'll just watch one more and then, poof, I was done. Ugh, well at least season 5 is greenlit.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/bosch-season-5-amazon-studios-renewal-1202696507/

Although we'll have to wait again but it will be worth it, I'm sure.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
We’ve watched the first two. Great so far.
Same here. I have only watched the first two, and I hope to get to another one today, but I'm not having trouble spacing them out because there is SO much to watch on both Netflix and Amazon. Not enough hours in the day for me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I thoroughly enjoyed this fourth season of the show. Good mystery, some surprising twists during the course of the ten episodes, and the acting is first-rate. Looking forward to another season even though we have to wait SO long between these outings.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Okay, I accept Amazon not releasing this show on blu-ray for whatever proprietary interests to feed the streaming coiffures, but why is only the first season available to rent on Amazon streaming, and not seasons 2 or 3?

Why doesn't Amazon want my money?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Okay, I accept Amazon not releasing this show on blu-ray for whatever proprietary interests to feed the streaming coiffures, but why is only the first season available to rent on Amazon streaming, and not seasons 2 or 3?

Why doesn't Amazon want my money?
They do want your money. They want you to pay for Prime.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They do want your money. They want you to pay for Prime.

So Prime unlocks all the rentals? And they don't want me to go ala carte? Bastards.

This is evil from the Direct TV playbook. You can only buy the entire NFL Ticket for all teams full price, no ability to separately buy each game, even though you can do that for college games. I called them up and said, I just want to see my 'Skins. I'll pay $20 per game (which is about what I'd spend in a sports bar). But no. Gotta buy the whole monopoly sick bundle.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So Prime unlocks all the rentals? And they don't want me to go ala carte? Bastards.

This is evil from the Direct TV playbook. You can only buy the entire NFL Ticket for all teams full price, no ability to separately buy each game, even though you can do that for college games. I called them up and said, I just want to see my 'Skins. I'll pay $20 per game (which is about what I'd spend in a sports bar). But no. Gotta buy the whole monopoly sick bundle.
So you’d pay $20 per game? If you bought the season at that rate, that would be $320 would is pretty close to what it costs for the whole enchilada. Assuming you’re already at DTV customer, call and ask for customer retention. Don’t even mention retention when you get a csr. Say you want NFL and aks for a discount, you’re a good customer, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ask if there’s a promotion. If no deal, hange up and all again. They do make deals. Be polite but firm. I’ve also noticed that female csr’s tend to offer promos and freebies when the male won’t. They might say I can’t discount it for you but I can give you a monthly credit.

With Prime, we started with it when it was the free shipping only. Now it includes streaming, music, and some other stuff I’ve forgotten.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So you’d pay $20 per game? If you bought the season at that rate, that would be $320 would is pretty close to what it costs for the whole enchilada. Assuming you’re already at DTV customer, call and ask for customer retention. Don’t even mention retention when you get a csr. Say you want NFL and aks for a discount, you’re a good customer, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ask if there’s a promotion. If no deal, hange up and all again. They do make deals. Be polite but firm. I’ve also noticed that female csr’s tend to offer promos and freebies when the male won’t. They might say I can’t discount it for you but I can give you a monthly credit.

With Prime, we started with it when it was the free shipping only. Now it includes streaming, music, and some other stuff I’ve forgotten.

Consider that fully a third of my team's games are nationally televised, so no need to pay for those on DTV. I still have the HD Dish from when I used to get the ticket, but that was from a time sports bars still had lousy TVs (and I had more money to burn). Since I live in Florida, I would also get many storm cut-outs, often for entire quarters, which was really annoying. But perhaps I'll give them a call and see if they will do anything to get me back. But it gauls me they offer ala carte for college, but not for pros; so transparently a greed game and not about customer service or value.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Consider that fully a third of my team's games are nationally televised, so no need to pay for those on DTV. I still have the HD Dish from when I used to get the ticket, but that was from a time sports bars still had lousy TVs (and I had more money to burn). Since I live in Florida, I would also get many storm cut-outs, often for entire quarters, which was really annoying. But perhaps I'll give them a call and see if they will do anything to get me back. But it gauls me they offer ala carte for college, but not for pros; so transparently a greed game and not about customer service or value.
The greed may be on the part of the NFL, not DTV. Perhaps college is more flexible. I would think that DTV would be more flexible, if they could, with all the cord-cutting, which includes satellite.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just finished the fourth season. Now I'm all caught up. I was worried going into it with the change in showrunners, but this may have been the best season yet.

When they decided to adapt Angels Flight for this season, getting the actual location would have been a make or break for the verisimilitude of the show. Fortunately, they were able to secure the actual location. There aren't too many funicular railways left, which makes Angels Flight both a local landmark and an exotic place to stage a murder.

This show is so grounded and untheatrical in the small details that it helps sustain my suspension of disbelief through the pulpier elements -- secret tunnels with revolving doors! Hong Kong motorcycle assassins! the police commissioner is a serial killer! One detail that I particularly appreciated was that you could hear the muffled percussion of the protesters in the background of the scenes set in Hollywood Station. I work across the street from the New York State Capitol, and on protest days the relentless drumming and stomping for hours on end can be positively headache-inducing. When the station took up a collection to buy pizza for the protesters, in the theory that they couldn't be drumming while they were eating, I had a very sympathetic laugh.

I was wondering where they were going with the Koreatown killer; it was threaded throughout the third season, only to be left dangling at the end. The payoff this season delighted me. I loved that Crate and Barrel got their moment in the spotlight, and it makes sense that they'd get a bigger case than usual since Bosch and Robertson, Hollywood Division's two heaviest hitters, were tied up with the taskforce.

BIG shock in the fourth episode of Bosch. No spoilers, but wow was I surprised at that development!
I expected that particular development to happen sooner or later, given the source material, but given the fact that Sarah Clarke was again credited as a series regular this season, I didn't expect it to happen so soon. From what I understand, this went down in the 9 Dragons under radically different circumstances. Maddie was younger, middle school age, and events played out more like a Hong Kong police thriller than a standard Bosch mystery.

I thought the event in question did a good job of advancing Maddie, who has now had a parallel formative event to her father, and Harry's relationship with Maddie -- he can no longer be so closed off. And Madison Lintz did a good job of bringing some of Titus Welliver's performance choices into her own performance in the aftermath. As you see Maddie grieve, you see more of Harry in her than we had up until this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks