What's new

Borovnians rejoice! 'Heavenly Creatures' SE in the works, says D.Bits (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I guess it's not too surprising that this title is finally making its way to DVD in the U.S., considering Peter Jackson's current profile, but it's still a nice thing to finally have confirmed, courtesy of The Digital Bits.
Back in the laserdisc era, when the Criterion Collection seemed the likeliest provider of a Heavenly Creatures SE, I would e-mail them every few months, pledging to buy three copies of the disc, in case two broke. My old movie-only LD, beloved as it is, has long been ready for retirement (it rattles a bit at the beginning of side 2).
Here's hoping PJ somehow finds the time to record a commentary.
--Jefferson Morris

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I too love this movie and I am looking forward to it very much. A PJ commentary would be just too good.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This is good to hear! Now where's that Brain Dead/Dead Alive SE? Hey, what can I say? I want it all!
biggrin.gif

------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Which cut? I would be hoping for both, as I've never seen the original.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks