What's new

Pre-Order Boris Karloff: The Man Behind The Monster (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61m26xfgGCL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Very much look forward to seeing this.

Met Mr. Karloff about the time of my 10th birthday. Found him to be a very kind, soft spoken gentleman. Discussed his Frankenstein films. Probably spent half an hour with him. A momentous occasion for a 10 year-old into Universal horror.

“He was big. I was small.”

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Very much look forward to seeing this.

Met Mr. Karloff about the time of my 10th birthday. Found him to be a very kind, soft spoken gentleman. Discussed his Frankenstein films. Probably spent half an hour with him. A momentous occasion for a 10 year-old into Universal horror.

“He was big. I was small.”
How did that come about WOW! I met a few Roddy and Maureen O'Hara and Julie Andrews but karloff WOW! I of course asked Roddy about Apes make-up how original huh he was gracious and said 4 hours every morning. How is this doc anyone? Lots of clips etc?

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
How did that come about WOW! I met a few Roddy and Maureen O'Hara and Julie Andrews but karloff WOW! I of course asked Roddy about Apes make-up how original huh he was gracious and said 4 hours every morning. How is this doc anyone? Lots of clips etc?
Roddy was also a very kind gentleman. A working actor as opposed to a celeb.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I think this might be the documentary that Rankin/Bass Historian, Rick Goldschmidt was interviewed for. as he did mention a few times throughout the last couple of years that he did interviews for a then up-coming Karloff documentary.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yes. It's a fun photo. As you no doubt remeber, in the movie version, characters "mistake" Raymond Massey for Karloff, as an in joke, because he was on Broadway.
Karloff had stated "If only there were two of me" LOL!! And the fact that he was producing the stage production he had his hands full!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks