What's new

Borg Themed Star Trek DVD set (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
We knew there was a possibility for more themed sets of Star Trek sets.

There is a news report on the Trekweb site:

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Star Trek: Fan Collective: Borg
Street Date: March 7, 2006
Actors: Casts of Enterprise, The Next Generation, Voyager
Genre: Sci-Fi, TV

Synopsis: The Borg Fan Collection has the top ten most popular Borg episodes as picked by the fans! Witness all the characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation, Enterprise and Voyager as they defend their ships, galaxies, and their own kind. For thousands of years the Borg have been spreading throughout the galaxy, conquering, assimilating and thus destroying countless civilizations. Following every encounter, the Borg catalogue each new species with a numerical designation instead of a proper name.
The goal of the Borg, in most cases, is to completely assimilate each species by incorporating their knowledge and technology into the unified Borg Collective. One by one, each living being is converted into Borg Drones. In many cases, all that remains of an assimilated civilization is the memory of its unique contributions that now resides only within the accumulated knowledge of the Borg. That and the numerical species designation. Often even the name is lost, forgotten or deleted as irrelevant. Conversely, the species designations give a sense of the long and terrible history of the Borg and the thousands of species they have encountered and absorbed.

PRODUCT INFO:
Runtime: 719
# of Discs: 4
US Rating: Not Rated
Canadian Rating: Pending

No word on extras. TVShowsonDVD has the box art, so I won't duplicate it here.

-Scott

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I know the episodes involved haven't been announced yet, but I have to think the following will be included:

The Best of Both Worlds I and II (TNG
Q Who (TNG)
Regeneration (ENT)
Scorpion I and II (VOY)
Unimatrix Zero I and II (VOY)
Descent I and II (TNG)
I Borg (TNG)
Unity (VOY)
Collective (VOY)
Drone (VOY)
Endgame I and II (VOY)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'd consider getting the set if it weren't so Voyager-centric. I was not a fan of Voyager, although I enjoyed the Borg episodes of TNG tremendously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks