What's new

Bored, bored, bored (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The software forum is going great with the new consoles...but I'm bored over here!! This 5-year console lifespan needs to get shorter so we can have fun rumors and speculation in this forum! :)
I vote for an 18 month console life span. Yea, it'll be crazy expensive and a lot of us will end up single but think of the fun conversations we'd have on the forum.
:D

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and the salesman told me hey were taking pre-orders for PS3. They are due out this November :D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
IGN had this news item up earlier for something called the 'Super CubeStation Box 3000' apparently MS, Nintendo and Sony are banding together to make one single format beast... Thing is, IGN must have been naughty as they've now removed this article, I guess an official press release is due soon. :)
Dan

Ray Spencer

Auditioning
i don't know about ms, sony, and nintendo...but yoshi from the screensavers decided to make his own all in one. do a search for yoshi's boxx over at techtv and you'll see what i mean. man, that box would be cool to have.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
pre-orders for PS3. They are due out this November
I preordered mine! I had to meet the sales guy outside the store and put $50 down. Though I thought this arrangement was strange, I find comfort in the thought of being the first to have the PS3 in November. I think I'll go back to the store today, because the guy forgot to give me my receipt. Hmmmmm

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I hear Nintendo may have some competition on the portable front, with Infogrames teaming up with SonicBlue to produce an Atari-branded portable that will not only play games, but also lets you download MP3s and, potentially more excitingly, Atari 2600/7800 ROM files. They plan to put the entire Atari library up for download, and are currently trying to get Activision to do the same. The current hitch is encryption - Infogrames knows that every 2600 game ever made is on the internet, and want to find a way to make money on the downloads.

(Actually, I'm wondering why Infogrames or Activision hasn't done this yet - an MP3 player probably has more than enough power to emulate a 2600)

Ike

Screenwriter
Sega was pissed at Sony that they knocked them out of the game. Nintendo thinks it may lose the game to Sony, also. So these once rivals are teaming up for a new system to launch in early '03 code-named Project Soaring Eagle. Featuring an unprecedented 2.7 Ghz processor, two GeForce 4's, and built in 5.1 Decoding, it is expected to knock all other consoles off the face of the earth. It will debut for the low price of $350 for a plain version, or $500 for one with a built in broadband modem/DTS encoding/an extra controller/and a collection of 4 games.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Dammit, Derrik, I knew you were kidding and I still had to click over and check just to be sure... :b

Sigh.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
All the eBayers selling GTA3 as a Banned game now right as Dubya bans GTA3 due to the fact that you can't pick up male prostitutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks