What's new

Borders Coupons (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Mark. Though I'm a little worried about that "all area Borders locations" line. Looks like a way for my Borders to weasel out of accepting it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can almost guarantee you that this coupon won't be accepted outside of that zipcode, and perhaps zipcodes adjacent to it.

I certainly couldn't use it at my local Memphis store...

Thanks anyway!

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
David, if you read the bottom, I think that it said it is valid at all Borders in United States and Puerto Rico.
Maybe I am wrong

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, perhaps you're right. I thought, though, that those words were part of the "standard boilerplate language" of the coupons, and that past experience had shown us that the "all area Borders locations" language near the barcode would supercede that. We don't need to turn this into a huge debate, though...someone in another state should just go try it!
I'm kinda pissed at my local store right now, though, for the lousy way they handled this "no more DVD discounts" thing...probably why I've been arguementative about this. :wink: But someone else can give it a try. If I'm wrong, it won't hurt my feelings at all. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sauce for the goose: Link Removed is a similar coupon for California.
I notice this does not restrict DVDs to 15% off, like previous 20% off coupons have. So it's worth a shot...

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
The coupon giveth and the coupon taketh away, Dave.

My coupon worked fine in south Charlotte, NC, but rang up at 15% off, despite the receipt clearly indicating "20% off" ... go figure.

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
No debate inferred, Dave. I appreciate all the help and info you have given/giving us. Others are right about the register only giving 15% off. Call your store manager and complain like I did. They will change it for you.

Squeeky wheel ALWAYS gets the grease

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
Stupid questions, so I print this out and the Borders clerk will not laugh at me for using a "coupon" off of a printed page? Also how does printing this out not constitute as copying the coupon?

Winston_T

Agent
David Lambert could you elaborate on the "no more DVD discounts".
The Borders clerk should not laugh at you for using a coupon. BUT IF THEY DO, TALK TO THE STORE MANAGER. Behavior like that should not be tolerated. If the store manager does not resolve it to your satisfaction, I suggust communicating with the home office. You might be able to get contact information from Link Removed
I can think of several "printing" vs "coping" reasons. One of them, keeping track on how much initial "spread" a discount gets vs how many are used.
I have used borders coupons "many" times. There are times they have 50% off CD's (not including box sets, etc).
From what I've seen, borders has been having a lot of coupons and discounts. I can only assume this is to attrach people to the stores and increase store comps.
These are my opinions.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David Lambert could you elaborate on the "no more DVD discounts".
I did so almost a month ago. Please read that post for details. Yes, I spoke to someone who was identified to me as "the manager", though he didn't have his badge turned around so I could see his name or title and I am not sure he was the store's general manager or not. As I state in my post, this was represented to me as "new chainwide policy".
Events have proved otherwise, as A) there are new coupons that DON'T exclude DVDs (in fact, don't even limit them to 15% off when the coupon is for 20% off), and B) people have definately used these coupons on DVDs.
My intention is to run by Borders soon - perhaps tonight if time allows - and find out what is what. If things go poorly then I may use that e-mail link you provide.
My concern is the eventual question, "where are you getting these coupons from?" If I can't provide a verifiable answer (they can check to see if I'm on their distro list, for instance), then I might in fact ruin the party for everyone else. I would not want to do that!

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
The coupon clearly states that it is for 20% off your total purchase WITH DVD's not to exceed 15% discount and electronic merchandise not to exceed 10% discount. Therefore I cannot see how you are getting 20% off of a DVD. Is there another coupon that you are using that allows for a 20% discount on DVDs?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The coupon clearly states that it is for 20% off your total purchase WITH DVD's not to exceed 15% discount and electronic merchandise not to exceed 10% discount. Therefore I cannot see how you are getting 20% off of a DVD. Is there another coupon that you are using that allows for a 20% discount on DVDs?
FASCINATING! The links above have had their coupons altered to now state the limit of 15% for DVD's as well as the other 10% limit. They weren't there before. Proof? I have a printout of the La Habra one that I've been carrying around in my wallet since last Friday. It does NOT have the limits on it. I can scan it tonight from home just to prove it, if ya want! :)
So...they corrected it. What means more to me is that, in correcting it, they did NOT state that DVDs are excluded entirely. That means the dude lied to me, or at the very least was misinformed. Daaaa-Da-DA-Da. (Dragnet theme) Daaaa-Da-Da-Da-DAAAAAAAA! (/Dragnet theme)

Page

Stunt Coordinator
This indeed is VERY strange. I have the original coupon which was e-mailed to me and the 20% OFF the Total is applied to EVERYTHING. (As a matter of fact I used it on Tuesday on two DVDs (one was on sale and one wasn't) and a CD (which was also on sale.) Just to make sure, I asked if the 20% was off of EVERYTHING, and the clerk was very polite and said, "It certainly is."

After he finished the transaction, he looked at the bill and said, "Whoops. The computer scanned the price of the CD wrong. It's on sale so you'll be getting 20% off the sale price. Just a minute as I redo your transaction because you're going to save some more money."

Maybe people have begun abusing the coupon and Borders began cracking down because my coupon also doesn't state anything about there being a 15% off limit on DVDs.

(I'm in Long Beach, California, by the way.)

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
David,
Very strange indeed! Actually, I was hearing the Twilight Zone theme after reading your post. :D
Let us know if you hear anything else from anyone at Border's. I would be very interested to hear what they have to say.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
You might try ordering another item with a DVD to get the better discount. This is what happened to me about a month ago. I purchased a CD and a DVD and both rang up with a 20% discount. Of course, I didn't notice this until I left the store. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks