Border's Buy 2 Get 1 Free on MGM DVDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Eastman, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

Heard about this in the Border's special offers email and I thought I would share (Border's B&M only):

2. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I was just going to post about this myself.

However I was also wondering if they meant ALL MGM DVDs or just a selection of them. If anyone finds out let me know.

-Eric

3. James D

James D Second Unit

Eric- I was at Borders this past weekend and I can tell you that the sale is not for all MGM DVDs. Each Borders will have their own select MGM titles as part of this sale, usually older, less popular titles. However, there are a few exceptions. The Borders that I go to had 'Mad Max' and 'Buckaroo Banzai' as part of the sale. Too bad that I already own these or I would of jumped all over it.[​IMG]

4. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

They've been doing that here for at least a couple of weeks now, not all, but some are decent titles, and they are not over markup either, I think they are $12.99 and under.

5. RussR

RussR Stunt Coordinator

You can find a list of the titles in this thread on "another forum":
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...3&pagenumber=2
    Or, you can ask at the Info desk for the list of titles included in the sale. At my local Borders, they had it in a binder, listed along with other sales. I believe they were calling it the MGM DVD line sale, or some such. It appears they have a smaller list of titles that have been specified for inclusion in their displays. I picked up 3 yesterday with no problem that weren't in the tower displays or stickered for the sale.

6. Bill Eberhardt

Bill Eberhardt Stunt Coordinator

Best Buy had a display of MGM dvds for $9.99, buy two and get the third for 1/2 price, which may or may not be cheaper than Border's.