What's new

Border's 40% Off (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Look carefully here. The coupon is specifically for 3 Cisco products (2 books and a set of flash cards)

Print this coupon and bring it to your nearest Borders store for special savings on:
CCNA ICND Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Self-Study), ISBN: 158720083X
CCNA Certification Library (CCNA Self-Study), ISBN: 1587200953
CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (CCNA Self-Study), ISBN: 1587200791

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Look carefully here. The coupon is specifically for 3 Cisco products (2 books and a set of flash cards)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print this coupon and bring it to your nearest Borders store for special savings on:

CCNA ICND Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Self-Study), ISBN: 158720083X
CCNA Certification Library (CCNA Self-Study), ISBN: 1587200953
CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (CCNA Self-Study), ISBN: 1587200791
that looks more like they are suggesting you use it for those three items. the actual coupon has no limitations listed on it for what you can buy.
oh well if it doesn't work it doesnt work.

Andy_A

Second Unit
Got the coupon, now I just wish we had a Border's in Asheville, NC. I'll have to drive to use this. I'm gonna give it a try as I think it just might work. The coupon looks pretty official--just like those 20% coupons that print off. I'll post here if it does actually work.

Chris Clark

Agent
It works! I managed to nab the Criterion edition of Fear & Loathing with it for under 22 bucks. Suddenly, a bunch of the past criterion titles look so...so...affordable!

Thanks for the heads up, Tony!

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
North Indianapolis store said it's only good for those 3 books...but they let me use it anyways.

It doesn't sound like this coupon is legit......

Rob

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Coupon worked fine for me today. Picked up the following DVD's for $14.42 each (Border's priced at $23.99 each less the 40% coupon):

The Color Purple: 2D SE
Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves: 2D SE
The People vs. Larry Flynt: 2D SE

Almost picked-up 24:Seasons 1 & 2 (Season 1 would have been $35.99 - Border's priced at $59.99 less the 40% coupon. Didn't check the price on Season 2).

I verified the coupon with the clerk prior to my selection / purchase - I wanted to know if there were any exclusions. I was told that the coupon was good for anything in the store (except for other discounts, etc.).

TonyD is correct:
the actual coupon has no limitations listed on it for what you can buy.
The Border's clerk scanned the coupon and the discount was automatically applied - no intervention was needed by the clerk to apply the discount to any particular item(s).

As usual - I'm sure YMMV.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Sherman,

I used the coupon at the Chino store:

On Grand Avenue just east of Hwy 71.
3833 Grand Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
Phone: 909.548.3604

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
The coupon worked for me at the Borders in Springfield, VA. I must admit that I cut out the coupon and, thus, presented the clerk with nothing to base limiting its applicability. :b

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
If this works, it's a great deal. I get so sick of paying "retail" prices on products that I purchase in the Borders and Barnes and Noble stores.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Rick Samundsen

Stunt Coordinator
The coupon worked for me also. However, the cashier had to manually input the coupon. I got Critters for $9. When I purchased Apollo 11 (Men On The Moon DVD box set) it would not give more than 20% off even though it said 40% on the screen. The manager fixed it and actually gave me the box set for $26 and change. Thats better than 50% off.

Rick

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
In Southern California, at least in the San Fernando Valley,
Borders has caught on to this. Those who got in on this early, consider yourselves lucky. Two stores here said it's only good for 3 computer books. Both stores turned me down :thumbsdown: :angry:

MikeDE

Second Unit
I travel a lot for my job, so hopefully there will be one who will take it. Thanks for the info, Tony!

Mike

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to use this coupon today to purchase the Godfather set. The clerk said they got a memo on this and its only good for the three books. Did those of you who used this sucessfully, cut out the coupon from the page or did you use the whole print out?

Thanks.

Sherm

Grip
I was successful in using the coupon at the Brea Borders. I picked up a couple of things that I've had my eye on:

DVD:
U571
Fifth Element ( Superbit)
SW ( Attack of the Clones)

Book:
2003 Wristwatch Annual

I didn't print the whole page out or cut the coupon. I ended up just highlighting the coupon portion of the page and had only the hightlighted portion print. The young gentleman that rang me up was a little confused at first but ended up following the cashier's instruction on the coupon.

Jeff- thanks for the info fortunately, I didn't need to drive out to Chino ( although it's really not that far from Brea. 8 ) )

Adam- yeah I told my GF that this was the weekend to do it before corporate got wind of it on Monday.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I was able to use the coupon successfully at the Borders in Montclair, CA on Sunday afternoon. I only bought a $20 book on graphic design and a $7 copy of AudioXpress magazine but it was nice to pay only $20 and change for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks