What's new

Borders 40% OFF Til Saturday Only. (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Yeah, TEXAS CHAINSAW. I'm not expecting too much PQ wise but I am interested in seeing how much of one there actually is. I also heard the audio was corrected on the Blu so that gave me another reason to upgrade.

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
We went to our local Borders this past weekend and their "clearance" had just gone to 50%. It was a very small portion of the CD & DVD inventory, though, and little that I wanted. It's only on the "red tagged" merchandise which seemed quite random. S2 of CSI, but none of the other seasons? One box set of Family Guy, but not the other? Very strange. I asked the lady at checkout about the clearance that didn't seem to be and she said they were NOT getting rid of all CD & DVD media, just making the areas smaller and getting rid of certain things that weren't selling well (so in future I can buy all CSI seasons except season two?). Frankly, selling at MSRP I don't see how anything sells well, and she agreed with that as well, but gave the speech about employees having to handle the merchandise so it has to cost more, etc. If I remember correctly I can go online to Borders.com and buy things cheaper and have it shipped to the store free for pickup. The same people have to "handle" the merchandise, and while they don't have to put the items on the shelf, they do have to hold them for me until I pick it up. Now I've paid less for my order, the local store itself gets nothing from me, and it's employees have to handle/hold onto the items for me. The whole thing is just very odd.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

That's unusual. At my local Borders, EVERY CD and DVD and Blu-ray was on clearance sale for 50% off. The only things NOT on clearance were the top 20 items of each that they feature at the front of the store, and will continue to feature. But the sale only lasted about three weeks and was over, because now all the regular media CDs and DVDs have been moved to the one out of five Borders in my area still carrying media.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
What Michelle described is how it is our Borders too. It may still be unusual, but maybe not as isolated as you might think.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Right there with you. That's the way the Borders I checked two weeks ago was. Some stuff had red stickers on the spine, some didn't. Really no rhyme or reason as far as I could tell. Some Fox BD's, some Warner BD's, some season sets of The Simpsons or Family Guy...but certainly not everything. Not be format or genre or studio. I may check another one this weekend.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
The same to vary by store. One Atlanta store has the stickers on the DVDs (not the cds though) another has all things reduced (with the usual exceptions for both stores) and another store I went to had no inventory of any kind.

And there are several other stores in the area that I had not even made it to yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks