What's new

"Borat" for making benefit of Blu-ray on March 6...with lower Fox pricing? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Saw a link to the "Borat" BD at Amazon. What's most interesting is that it's a Fox disc, with an MSRP of $29.98 and an Amazon price of $19.95. This is an Amazon pre-order (not the best source), but is it possible that Fox has actually heard the pleas of Blu-ray fans?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They better do something because there are several titles of theirs that I want, but won't preorder due to their pricing and I am pretty confident that I'm not alone in that thought process.

Crawdaddy

MarekM

Supporting Actor

thanx for info, it would be very nice to have all their TITLES in same range :)

Marek

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
The digital bits is reporting that this is an error on Amazon's site. Borat has not been announced yet for blu-ray (at any price).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i didn't think borat was shot with HDV, looked soft on the big screen to me, so i think it's show on SD. on BD, it'd just be upscaled :laugh:

Eric F

Screenwriter
I thought this was shot on 8mm and processed by chained up gypsies in some back room in Kazakhstan?;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Haven't seen the film but just from watching the commericals the video seemed very soft. Probably not a good canidate for BD trasfer of the year. :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it depends on which scene. some scenes were film, some scenes were DV, it was a mixture of medias.

do we really need Khaz's fake national anthem to be in TrueHD 5.1? though it'd be hilarious.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
All films should be 1080p with lossless audio.

DD of a bad soundtrack sounds compressed. Lossless of a bad soundtrack sounds identical to the original.

I've always been amazed at how the audio of old mono movies from optical soundtracks sounds SO MUCH BETTER on laserdisc than on DVD.

There's no such thing as a movie that doesn't warrant lossless audio, despite what the studio may decide.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
This was mostly shot on DV. What's the point of releasing it on Blu-Ray? Next, Paramount will be announcing the release of Jackass 1 & 2 on both formats, and Lionsgate and New Line will announce the release of Open Water on BD and Bamboozled on THD, respectively. This is not the way to support an HD format.

Paul Beck

Agent
Amazon does not have this with a price at all. Only that you can be notified when it is available for preorder.
FALSE INFORMATION in this posting.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Directly below the link is the info for the SD DVD release which is $29.95 on sale for $19.95.

Perhaps it was just a mistake.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
When I originally posted almost a week ago, the link showed a price. If Paul had read a couple posts above his, he would have seen that Amazon's original listing was in error, and must have been changed after they were notified.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks